Things you thought you'd never see in Utah

Rubes

First, Salt Lake City elects a liberal Democratic mayor who goes on trips to Washington state and Washington D.C. promoting the impeachment of Bush. He's even scheduling a live show-down debate with Sean Hannity to debate the Iraq war and his call for Bush's impeachment.

Now, we're hearing about how students and faculty at ultra-conservative BYU are petitioning to block Dick Cheney from delivering their commencement speech.

They told me this place was strange, but I had no idea.

First, Salt Lake City elects a liberal Democratic mayor who goes on trips to Washington state and Washington D.C. promoting the impeachment of Bush. He's even scheduling a live show-down debate with Sean Hannity to debate the Iraq war and his call for Bush's impeachment.

Now, we're hearing about how students and faculty at ultra-conservative BYU are petitioning to block Dick Cheney from delivering their commencement speech.

They told me this place was strange, but I had no idea.

That's strange all right.

I moved to SLC in November (from Buffalo). I've met like 1 morman since I've been here. I think this place is not as morman as it sometimes acts. I think its got that vocal minority thing going on.

No kidding! I didn't realize there were many other Bills fans here. My uncle and I hit Port O' Call for the games every Sunday, so you're welcome to join us unless you know of other gatherings around town.

Salt Lake is definitely the 'least' Mormon part of the state, but it's still around 45% Mormon. There has been a big influx of non-Mormons in the 10 years or so that I've been here. It has been very noticeable.

No kidding! I didn't realize there were many other Bills fans here. My uncle and I hit Port O' Call for the games every Sunday, so you're welcome to join us unless you know of other gatherings around town.

Salt Lake is definitely the 'least' Mormon part of the state, but it's still around 45% Mormon. There has been a big influx of non-Mormons in the 10 years or so that I've been here. It has been very noticeable.

My brother has lived there for almost 10 years now. He tells me its quite loaded with Mormons. Maybe the circles that are travled in, tell the difference.

Yeah, another Bills fan!

Hmm.. I had been going to The Puck, I've met one other Bills fan since I'd been here. That is where he was watching them He was born and raised in SLC, so its funny that he's such a big fan. But I'll have to remember this and we'll surely have to work something out when the season gets closer.

You watching the Sabres playoffs at all? I'm thinking of trying to find somewhere to watch the whole journey to the cup.

Would Port O' Call work for that (especially on friday/sat night games)?

Yeah, another Bills fan!

Hmm.. I had been going to The Puck, I've met one other Bills fan since I'd been here. That is where he was watching them He was born and raised in SLC, so its funny that he's such a big fan. But I'll have to remember this and we'll surely have to work something out when the season gets closer.

You watching the Sabres playoffs at all? I'm thinking of trying to find somewhere to watch the whole journey to the cup.

I've been to the Puck. Now there's a classy place. :D

Yeah, another Bills fan!

Crazy...I haven't even heard of the Puck...where's that??

I haven't been making trips to see Sabres playoff games, just catching them when they're on nationally -- mostly because I don't know if places will even show hockey games. But I think Port O'Call would probably be open to it as long as they have access to the games. I think it would be fun to watch some Sabres with other Buffalo fans -- it's hard enough to find Bills fans around here.

And yes, I'm originally from Amherst...

Crazy...I haven't even heard of the Puck...where's that??

I haven't been making trips to see Sabres playoff games, just catching them when they're on nationally -- mostly because I don't know if places will even show hockey games. But I think Port O'Call would probably be open to it as long as they have access to the games. I think it would be fun to watch some Sabres with other Buffalo fans -- it's hard enough to find Bills fans around here.

And yes, I'm originally from Amherst...

Tonawanda :lol:

The Puck is next to the minor league hockey arena. The Grizzlies I think. Its about 3700 S I think. I mean, a lot of times I don't watch Sabres games, but this year is going to be special. I really want to keep up. If P-O' Call will not work, I'm 95% sure the Puck will put on the game for us. I think they have Center Ice (or whatever the NHL package is) and they are really good about putting games on a TV. I watched a few regular season games there.

Mostly I just get worried about Friday and SAt night at Port-O because it gets super super crowded over there.

The title of this thread got me thinking. What would Jeff Foxworthy say to:

" Things you thought you'd never see in Utah? "

I'll start.

Orin Hatch and the Tabernacle Choir singing: I'm to Sexy

Orin Hatch doing a Las Vegas commerical. " What happens here stays here "

Carry on :lol: