How do you set up a good fantasy baseball league???

JuanGuzman

Im an avid baseball fan but I have never played fantasy baseball before - - anyway my friends and i are organizing a league using yahoo fantasy. I understand that a Fantasy League is only as good as the rules that govern it. eg. stat categories, # of players, Bench, Injured Reserve, how often you need to make line up adjustments, head to head vs. roto and all that other crap.

Anyway just wondering if there are Fantasy Baseball Buffs out there with good suggestions on how to set up a league and pitfalls i should to avoid when designing the league? any tips would be greatly appreciated.

(wow i never though my life would sink as low as openly asking on a online message board for tips in order to operate a fantasy baseball league ahahah)

As for setting up the league, if you are running it on Yahoo I suggest just using their basic rules and scoring until you get more familiar with the game then tweak them to your liking.

There are two different types of leagues. Head to Head and Rotissere. Head to Head means you'll play a different opponet every 4-7 days and you're record is recorded in wins and losses. Rotissere is where you try to rack up the most amount of points throughout the season and the team with the most points at the end wins. I prefer head to head leagues, especially if you have more than 6 teams. If you're only playing with a few other people, you might want to try rotissere.