Fletcher overrated??.....

For what it's worth I didn't take any offense at your original post. I liked Fletcher but I remember him taking some bad cheap shot penalties at times, in particular a personal foul he took against the Patriots in a close game at the Ralph that gave them a first down after they failed on third and long, and which led to a touchdown.

I hated to see him go, but I think the Bills may be better off by the end of the season, and maybe even the beginning.

As for the general principle, I don't think the number of posts matters, but the content does.

I LOVE to see the good Dr. K posting again.

FWIW, I think London was VERY underrated and unappreciated by Bills fans. Most of the, "we'll miss" posts here concentrate on the loss of Willis and Nate. I think the loss of London is the worst and, by far, the least explainable given the contract #s. Fletcher's leadership will be hard to replace, that's for sure.

With that said, I think (and hope and pray) the moves Marv has made so far may improve the D. With an improvement to the DL and a more aggressive approach by the LBs, we may be better off.

As for the # of posts, I agree with the K-man. But, I'll add this. If your first post is to bash London Fletcher...well, just let me say, you haven't earned any respect, IMO.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please don't post stupid postings. Thank you for not wasting everyone's time.

Thank you.

:beer:

Wow. My first post, besides a test, after aprox 10 yrs of lurking, and I get killed for having an opinion. No wonder intelligent dialog is hard to come by. I'm out, Mr. RT. I won't soil your sandbox with a contrary view. So sorry.

Wow. My first post, besides a test, after aprox 10 yrs of lurking, and I get killed for having an opinion. No wonder intelligent dialog is hard to come by. I'm out, Mr. RT. I won't soil your sandbox with a contrary view. So sorry.

If you've been lurking this board for 10 years and that was your first post...you must not read many of the posts. Anyone who's been around the board that long knows you're going to get fried for a half thought out opening post...especially in the offseason.

I love this menalilty, I've been coming to this board for 7 years but have few posts and that is why. Unless your post count is in the hundreds or thousands you simply don't rate around here.

Maybe I'll join under a different name post a thousand times about pointless things and then people will respect my posts around here too.

I don't respect anyone more because they have more posts than another person. Yet if you are going to tell a veteran member to leave because he was trying to make a funny post, then why even bother? And you're not a veteran member. You're a veteran lurker.

Its hard for me to see any player who has led the team in tackles every year he has been here and who finished first in the NFL in INTs last year and he never has even gotten a serious sniff at the Pro Bowl as being overrated. On the contrary, there are some who feel he has not gotten the props consistent with his achievements.

I can easily see how the Bills would reasonably look to move beyond the Fletcher era because despite his real world achievements, the team simply does not make the playoffs under his leadership and we clearly are a building a young team and he simply is on the wrong side of 30.

However, I think you have to be rated highly to be overrated and the NFL as a whole has never seemed to give him a high enough rating that he ever made a Pro Bowl,

Its hard for me to see any player who has led the team in tackles every year he has been here and who finished first in the NFL in INTs last year and he never has even gotten a serious sniff at the Pro Bowl as being overrated. On the contrary, there are some who feel he has not gotten the props consistent with his achievements.

I can easily see how the Bills would reasonably look to move beyond the Fletcher era because despite his real world achievements, the team simply does not make the playoffs under his leadership and we clearly are a building a young team and he simply is on the wrong side of 30.

However, I think you have to be rated highly to be overrated and the NFL as a whole has never seemed to give him a high enough rating that he ever made a Pro Bowl,

I was surprised you responded in this thread! :beer:

Based on this posting, I'm pretty sure you didn't even read all of the posts in your own thread. Me no thinks you lurk very well.