Who will Shock us this year?

My thoughts exactly. Marv is a character/work ethic guy, and it doesn't get much better with Puz in that department. He also has the versatility to play inside or outtside, so the team doesn't have to make a decision on where to play Crowell right away - they can use training camp to sort it out.

Marv has also had success drafting Penn State linebackers - oh, Shane Conlan, how we loved you...

I just hope he doesn't pick Posluszny with Willis still on the board...

Puz has no chance to be effective at MLB in the cover-2 because of his lack of range.

He won;t be able to play WLB because he's too slow and would have to bench Ellison- thus creating another LB hole.

He's not strong enough to play SLB.

Puz's lack of speed was masked by playing in the overrated Big 10 where low gear is the norm.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is because many fans are trying to wish it away.

If (or perhaps even when) Marv takes a first round corner next month, it will mean that he has selected secondary players with no less than 4 of his top 5 draft selections, and who knows whether or not he will stop in round 1?

The Bills have huge needs at LB, RB, WR, RG, and imo even WR. To continue to chase dbs (and of course, watch them walk after their initial contract) would be stupid. We have tried this, and it simply doesn't result in victories for the Bills.

At least the signings on the OL gave your arms a month's rest before you picked up the club again and went back to the dead horse.

My thoughts exactly. Marv is a character/work ethic guy, and it doesn't get much better with Puz in that department. He also has the versatility to play inside or outtside, so the team doesn't have to make a decision on where to play Crowell right away - they can use training camp to sort it out.

Marv has also had success drafting Penn State linebackers - oh, Shane Conlan, how we loved you...

I just hope he doesn't pick Posluszny with Willis still on the board...

Character? Work ethic? I am not knocking Puz, but how much better can it get than this?

When he accepted his Butkis award, he continued to thank his foster parents. I don't know him, but not many of us could even imagine what he went through. Even if the Bills don't draft Willis, I am going to watch this kid and wish him to be a smashing success.

If the Bills DO take him, I think that he is going to make us proud.

At least the signings on the OL gave your arms a month's rest before you picked up the club again and went back to the dead horse.

The horse is alive and well until we see what happens on April 28th.

Are you going to like it if we draft another 1st round defensive back just because Marv thinks it to be OK?

If the opportunity presents itself then they will trade down (to somewhere around #18-22) and take Jon Beason OLB Miami who can play both outside and inside LB. Knowing Marv, there's a good chance they'd take him at #12 anyway.

That's my best guess at a "shocker."

Personally I think the Bills stay away from Miami players for a while.

They usually don't fit what Marv wants to build on this team.

Jim Kelly the exception.

Beason will not be a Bill.

Yeah that makes sense. I can't believe I didn't think of that. :nana:

That is because many fans are trying to wish it away.

If (or perhaps even when) Marv takes a first round corner next month, it will mean that he has selected secondary players with no less than 4 of his top 5 draft selections, and who knows whether or not he will stop in round 1?

The Bills have huge needs at LB, RB, WR, RG, and imo even WR. To continue to chase dbs (and of course, watch them walk after their initial contract) would be stupid. We have tried this, and it simply doesn't result in victories for the Bills.

Can someone tell me, once again, just how many rounds the NFL draft is?

In a shocker.........Levi Brown.

The Bills USED to have issues at OL.

That is precisely the Marv instinct I was thinking of in suggesting a defensive end.

If Brown is identified as a ten year tackle, load up that offensive line and find five that can REALLY play. Let the draftniks give the Bills a D minus for not addressing needs -- and go play football.

In a shocker.........Levi Brown.

The Bills USED to have issues at OL.

I'd also throw Ryan Kalil in as a possible pick if the Bills trade down in R1. Fowler isn't a bad player, but I wouldn't be suprised if Marv picks a great center prospect in an attempt to find another Kent Hull.

I'd also throw Ryan Kalil in as a possible pick if the Bills trade down in R1. Fowler isn't a bad player, but I wouldn't be suprised if Marv picks a great center prospect in an attempt to find another Kent Hull.

i doubt first rd , but with there penchant for ohio state guys,, maybe doug datish oc in mid rds

Trade down and get Justin Blalock the massive guard to fill the RG spot.

Trade down and get Justin Blalock the massive guard to fill the RG spot.

If the Bills could have Kalil as part of a trade down and still get a guy like Ben Grubbs later, that would be awesome, as I've been very impressed in what I've seen of Kalil.

Of course, I don't think it's in the cards though, especially since there's a stong possibility that Walker could move inside to guard or that they could be ready to go w/ Preston there.

Are you going to like it if we draft another 1st round defensive back just because Marv thinks it to be OK?

They may unless they move up to #10 to be sure to get Willis.

If Willis and Okoye are gone, DB may be the best value since I don't like the Lynch injury risk.

Carriker would be an option but they would probably have to trade one of the DL we already have since they won;t keep more than 8.

Factoring in the free agent additions we've already had, yes, I'd be fine with it.

If the Bills could have Kalil as part of a trade down and still get a guy like Ben Grubbs later, that would be awesome, as I've been very impressed in what I've seen of Kalil.

Of course, I don't think it's in the cards though, especially since there's a stong possibility that Walker could move inside to guard or that they could be ready to go w/ Preston there.

Drafting 2 more OL is a waste of resources since they won;t keep more than 10.

they would have to cut loose some talent before knowing if they can develop.