Is Nall really our #2?

Beerball

Here's a list of FA QBs to spark some discussion...

Drew Bledsoe ;)

Todd Bouman

Aaron Brooks

Lang Campbell

David Carr

Koy Detmer

Quinn Gray

Joey Harrington

Cleo Lemon

Shane Matthews?

Tim Rattay

Jim Sorgi

Brian St. Pierre

Vinny Testaverde

Chris Weinke

Anthony Wright

Got these from ESPN.com so blame them if it's wrong. :wallbash:

Draft Troy Smith in the 5th

Troy Smith will be long gone before than.

Third round at the latest but I see someone taking a flyer in the 2nd.

It is interesting that you don't hear anything about him now.

Heck after he won the Heisman, Marino and company had him on the set and he was asking Troy if he wouldn't mind being drafted in the 1st by the Browns.

Man how one game can kill that hype lol.

Troy Smith will be long gone before than.

Third round at the latest but I see someone taking a flyer in the 2nd.

It is interesting that you don't hear anything about him now.

Heck after he won the Heisman, Marino and company had him on the set and he was asking Troy if he wouldn't mind being drafted in the 1st by the Browns.

Man how one game can kill that hype lol.

Smith is from Cleveland. He was up there after the bowl loss, doing a bit of politicking with the Browns. I wouldn't be surprised if they selected him, but certainly not in rnd 1.

Jared Zabransky from Boise State. Projected 4th-5th Round Pick. Ranked in the top 10 QB's for this draft. Projected as a solid backup NFL QB. Bills new assistant OL coach was the Boise State Assistant Head Coach last season. There's your third QB.

There is a huge drop considering Holcomb has played in the league and Nall never has.

Yeah because Holcomb lit the world on fire when he came in. ;)

Holcomb isn't suited for this offense.

Nall has an arm and looked good in the action that he did see. Not too mention he has been in the league for a few years now. Not saying that he would be great but I think that he can check down to the backs like Holcomb did when he came in. I still remember ESPN being all over Holcomb because he had a 90+ rating. Well of coarse!!! Your not going to cause too many TOs or have many incomplete passes when your dumping off passes 5 yards down the field.

Its the backup QB position. Chances are if your starter goes down your screwed anyway.

Remember the guys who held Brett Favre's jock for all these years have actually gone on to be starters on other teams and have faired pretty well.

Never underestimate the magical powers of holding Favre's jock.

Thanks for that visual...........

Jared Zabransky from Boise State. Projected 4th-5th Round Pick. Ranked in the top 10 QB's for this draft. Projected as a solid backup NFL QB. Bills new assistant OL coach was the Boise State Assistant Head Coach last season. There's your third QB.

He would've fit in nice with Mularkey, Boise ran his type of offense....

No they didn't. Boise's offense actually worked and their trickery was successful.

Boise State trickery = Statue of Liberty play to win the Fiesta Bowl after running every other school yard play you can think of to hang close to Oklahoma

Mike Mularkey trickery = Splitting Daimon Shelton out as a WR on 3rd and 1

I like Zabransky's moxie too, he could have easily closed up shop after his late turnover vs. Oklahoma. He didn't do it though, he showed cojones and came back out and won the game. Big stones from a college kid in the biggest game of his, and his entire school's life.

Smith is from Cleveland. He was up there after the bowl loss, doing a bit of politicking with the Browns. I wouldn't be surprised if they selected him, but certainly not in rnd 1.

Isn't Charlie Frye Ohio enough for them ?

Not much love for Tory Woodbury or Craig Ochs in here. They can trust Nall not to sh.. the bed as the primary backup but what sort can they possibly attract as number three ? You'd almost have to cut Nall out of mercy if you bring in someone clearly more accomplished -- that can't be the plan.

I'd love that. He could be a good slash-style player-- a la Kordell early years or Randel El with the Steelers. Of course, I don't know if Troy Smith can or wants to be anything other than a traditional QB.

I don't know if Troy could be a slash. He isn't that great of a runner.

He reminds me of McNabb and JP. Throw first and run second.

Don't get me wrong.....Troy can get you yardage here and there. But lining him up as a wideout or in the backfield probably won't get you that much. Personally I think he could do alright in a West Coast system like Phillys.