As a resident of the Lehigh Valley,

I've seen more than my fair share of Eagle games, and I can assure you that Darwin Walker can flat-out play. When you consider he was traded in exchange for a guy who missed pretty much the whole season two years ago AND all season last year, this trade is brilliant. Marv Levy has really come up HUGE in this offseason. He's proven that he can master the obvious. He saw the need on the inside of our offensive and defensive lines and took command in addressing the pressing needs. Now he's free to explore other positions in the draft.

All in all, I'd give Marv a B+ for his moves so far.

:(

I've seen more than my fair share of Eagle games, and I can assure you that Darwin Walker can flat-out play.

I am going to hold you personally responsible for...

A) my freakish optimism ?

B) his inevitable failure ?

C) his Larry Tripplett-like contribution ?

I never thought I would say this but I agree with JSP. I have seen Walker play and the guy is a force in the middle. He can play either NT or the 3. Marv and DJ are going to try and have fresh legs every snap, that is how you wear down an offensive line and running game. Sorry to see TKO go but I am glad we grabbed Walker.

As for the draft I believe Lynch is our guy. I like Thomas but no way do him and Williams become our backfield.

Marv wants his all purpose back and Fairchild is looking for his Faulk. Lynch seems pretty obvious.

At LB we were happy with Ellison, Crowell, and Wire, yes Wire. He did not get that money to be a situational player. Look for a 2nd rounder to sure up the LB depth spot. Keep it going Marv, I like what I see!

I've seen more than my fair share of Eagle games, and I can assure you that Darwin Walker can flat-out play. When you consider he was traded in exchange for a guy who missed pretty much the whole season two years ago AND all season last year, this trade is brilliant. Marv Levy has really come up HUGE in this offseason. He's proven that he can master the obvious. He saw the need on the inside of our offensive and defensive lines and took command in addressing the pressing needs. Now he's free to explore other positions in the draft.

;)

Are we allowed to remind you of this post sometime during the fall when you slip back into your depression?

;)

I like what I'm hearing about Walker and the paper on him supports it. Over 5 sacks a year for the past 5 years playing from the middle, and a reputation for getting runners to the ground. Since there's little value in today's NFL at pissing away a #12 on a running back, the Walker Trade looks to me to give us tremendous flexibility come draft day.

I like what I'm hearing about Walker and the paper on him supports it. Over 5 sacks a year for the past 5 years playing from the middle, and a reputation for getting runners to the ground. Since there's little value in today's NFL at pissing away a #12 on a running back, the Walker Trade looks to me to give us tremendous flexibility come draft day.

The Bills are actually pretty deep now at a lot of spots: DT, DE, OL (although another top notch guard would be nice), safety, QB, and WR.

Areas of need, as I see them, fall in this order:

LB (middle or strong side, depending on where they play Crowell)

RB

CB

TE

G

LB (they need two)

QB

OT

My preference would be them trading down to about 20 and drafting Poz, picking up a late second in the process. Then, with 2 seconds and 2 thirds, they could get a running back (even Bush, if they really do like him, in the third), another LB, a corner, and a guard. That'd be a very successful day.

Walker seems like a financial gain as well. Not saying funds are in any way demonstrative of his play, but he's about 2M per year than what Tripplett gets on average. To get an experienced player for that money is fiscally and personnel-wise a smart move.

Be careful about saying DT is a strength. Last year's quartet of Tripplett, Williams, Anderson, and a brief appearance by McCargo was very thin against the run. Pardon the obvious, but I don't think Walker is the difference maker against an opponent's running game. I do however like his abilities to rush the passer from the center of the D-Line.

I think Amobi Okoye is probably only a remote selection at this point. I'd really like to get him, but when compared to the need at LB, we're probably not after DT help. Then again, this is the Bills front office and they'll be counted on to do the unexpected.

;)

Translation: Marve sucks and we'll be lucky to finish up 5th in the AFC East.

Hmmm....you sure? On Madden 2007, Triplett is ranked an 87, while Walker only gets a measly 86!

Get your facts straight, before posting such nonsesne! ;)

Holcomb is rated a 91 while Losman is just a 76.

Spikes is rated a 98 and Fletcher is a 95 while any Bills LB is only a 47.

Hmmm....you sure? On Madden 2007, Triplett is ranked an 87, while Walker only gets a measly 86!

Get your facts straight, before posting such nonsesne! ;)

You know, I'll take another Triplett. He wasn't as disruptive as advertised but did have his moments. Adding another guy who we actually notice 3 or 4 times a season can't hurt.

Areas of need, as I see them, fall in this order:

LB (middle or strong side, depending on where they play Crowell)

RB

CB

The order of the top three here is debatable, but it's clear that these are the priorities. IMO filling out the DT rotation really allows the team to look at the better LB or CB at the 12 slot, and use the solid balance of our picks to get to everything else. The O attack we're setting up seems to be suited to adding another blocking TE- and there is usually a chance to do with some veteran help as rosters begin getting cut.

Last year's quartet of Tripplett, Williams, Anderson, and a brief appearance by McCargo was very thin against the run. Pardon the obvious, but I don't think Walker is the difference maker against an opponent's running game.

If you look closely at other teams playing the same D scheme, the truth is that if when DLine rotation is solid, it's actually the second and specifically the third lines that impact run D the most. Indy went from among the historic worst run defenses ever to playoff powerhouse simply by adding their excellent SS back into the mix. It also has been made clear over the offseason that the Bill's felt LFletchers reading style is not a fit for the guy in the middle they really want to help against the run- instead they;re looking for someong who gets his helmet dirty right at the start of the game.

The biggest problem among fans though will always be that the D we're building to play well will always give up occasional big runs. It's the trade-off forced by a penetrating D Line. At the same time the disruption of the opponents offense by having extra bodies in their backfield can make up for it in the best possible way, especially against 4 yard offenses like we face 4 times in our division each year.