Bills to meet with Dwayne Wright, RB, Fresno St.

I believe he returned this year after missing 2 with knee injuries. I'll check to see if I'm remembering correctly.

<edit>

Fresno State: Coming back from a serious knee injury suffered during the second game of the 2004 season ... was off to a great start in 2004 before his year ended ... went through a rigorous rehabilitation that lasted two years to return to 100 percent for the 2006 season ... a tough runner who possesses good breakaway speed once he gets through the defensive line ... earned the starting job during the 2003 season and had a huge year ... spent a lot of time in the weight room and added weight and strength. (2005) Spent the year working on injury rehabilitation. (2004) Played in two games, starting both, before tearing his left patellar tendon when being tackled at the end of a 61-yard pass play in the fourth quarter of the Kansas State game ... he missed the remainder of the year as a result ... started the season with a 109-yard effort in a win over Washington ... he had 74 yards in the KSU contest before going down with the injury. (2003) An honorable mention All-WAC honoree after transferring from junior college ... played in all 14 games, starting eight ... became the 12th player in program history to gain more than 1,000 rushing yards ... supplanted record-holding running back Rodney Davis midway through the season ... had consecutive 100-yard games against Louisiana Tech and Portland State ... initially made waves with a TD run against top-ranked Oklahoma ... came out of the backfield to record 19 catches for 143 yards and a score ... finished fourth in the WAC in rushing yards ... his best game of the year came against Louisiana Tech when he rushed for 177 yards and a touchdown ... just missed an 100-yard game against UTEP (97 yards), Rice (96) and Nevada (91).

He's 6'1" or so, and about 220.

And what are his video game skills like?

Better than Rob Johnson's, I hope.

Speaking of which, the two "stars" (McGahee and Johnson) who have dissed the city of Buffalo the most both have publicly stated that their cultural activity of choice is ... video games.

Bills | Team scheduled to meet with D. Wright

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:30:39 -0700

KFFL has learned the Buffalo Bills have scheduled a visit with Fresno State RB Dwayne Wright April 2.

Anyone know anything about him?

He was on my radar as a sleeper pick for day 1 before the combine. As he put up some good numbers his final season when he ran for over 1400 yards and was second on his team with 29 receptions all this after tearing his PCL last season. He also has some nice size at 5-11 and 220#. Though he ran a 4.68 at the combine which tells me he doesn't have the speed to be an every down back in the NFL. NFL draft countdown ranks him as the 11th best RB in the draft but feels he might end up being a FB in the NFL, I'd equate him to Sammy Morris type back. Click here for his NFL Draft countdown profile.

Better than Rob Johnson's, I hope.

Speaking of which, the two "stars" (McGahee and Johnson) who have dissed the city of Buffalo the most both have publicly stated that their cultural activity of choice is ... video games.

It's too bad they didn't stick around long enough for us to find out which side of the Albright Knox debate they're on. Or maybe it's the evil media that's keeping McGahee's & RJ's opinion under wraps?

Sounds like he actually takes responsibility for his children by living with his wife. Wow...doesn't even delegate this duty to his mother....I wonder if Dwayne Wright and his wife have ever taken the kids to Dave and Buster's or Applebees....

It's too bad they didn't stick around long enough for us to find out which side of the Albright Knox debate they're on. Or maybe it's the evil media that's keeping McGahee's & RJ's opinion under wraps?

Well, my sources tell me that the British buyer for the Shing dynasty drinking vessel was really a front for Johnson, who was afraid that he would be turned down if he bid himself (too many negative memories among the Buffalo-based sellers). I suspect that it'll be sitting on the mantle in a Laguna McMansion very soon. Willis was approached about it too, but it didn't have enough shiny objects attached to it.

combine numbers for Dwayne Wright

Combine Results

Combine Invite? Yes

Height: 5114

Weight: 228

40 Yrd Dash: 4.66

20 Yrd Dash: 2.71

10 Yrd Dash: 1.62

Wonderlic:

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 14

Vertical Jump: 34

Broad Jump: 9'7"

20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.43

3-Cone Drill: 7.23

Today

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 3:25 PM ET | Link

TWO RBS TO KEEP AN EYE ON: Fresno State's Dwayne Wright and Houston's Jackie Battle. Wright is a north-south between the tackles runner. At 6'0" 228 pounds he has a very thick, muscular frame and can really move the pile. He does have a torn patellar tendon injury in his history, but came back after a year of rehab and ripped off 1,462 yards in 12 games last season. He's not a blazer (4.63 40-time), but he'll get you the tough yards in the red zone. I guess a Brandon Jacobs type.

The other guy Battle just had his pro day on Saturday at Houston. Apparently he stole the show from Houston QB Kevin Kolb by all accounts. Battle ran a 4.42 40-time at 6'2" 238 pounds. According to a couple of reports he performed well in all the drills and caught the ball well. He's apparently gone from a day two pick to a day one pick off of that workout alone. Certainly a guy that big, who is that fast and flashes versatility is going to shoot up a draft board. He rushed for almost 1,000 yards his senior season (943). His career stats were 441 carries for 2,120 yards (4.7 avg.) and 31 TDs.

I'll admit I'm intrigued to know more about this guy Battle.

---

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

I just listed him yesterday as a sleeper RB on my proday recap. From what I've read he's not had a lot of time as a starter in college and if I remember correctly Houston is a big passing offense so RB was not a priority. I'd like to see what this kid can do in the NFL...if he's got the ability in game like this scouting numbers show...could be a young Bettis with a little more speed

Today

TWO RBS TO KEEP AN EYE ON: Fresno State's Dwayne Wright and Houston's Jackie Battle. Wright is a north-south between the tackles runner. At 6'0" 228 pounds he has a very thick, muscular frame and can really move the pile. He does have a torn patellar tendon injury in his history, but came back after a year of rehab and ripped off 1,462 yards in 12 games last season. He's not a blazer (4.63 40-time), but he'll get you the tough yards in the red zone. I guess a Brandon Jacobs type.

The other guy Battle just had his pro day on Saturday at Houston. Apparently he stole the show from Houston QB Kevin Kolb by all accounts. Battle ran a 4.42 40-time at 6'2" 238 pounds. According to a couple of reports he performed well in all the drills and caught the ball well. He's apparently gone from a day two pick to a day one pick off of that workout alone. Certainly a guy that big, who is that fast and flashes versatility is going to shoot up a draft board. He rushed for almost 1,000 yards his senior season (943). His career stats were 441 carries for 2,120 yards (4.7 avg.) and 31 TDs.

---

Sounds like:

1) Sammy Morris

2) Shawn Bryson

Today

---

Please stay away from guys who bolt up the charts based on off-season measurements (ahem Erik Flowers). Give me guys who get it done on the field on game days over workout warriors any day.