Carr and Peterson

If the Cleveland Browns signed David Carr then they would sure up the QB spot and that would allow them to take Peterson at No. 3. Also, they could trade back with a team looking to swipe Calvin Johnson if he is still available. What does everyone think? Tha would also be good for the Bills because then we wouldn't be tempted to take an injury prone player...

If the Cleveland Browns signed David Carr then they would sure up the QB spot and that would allow them to take Peterson at No. 3. Also, they could trade back with a team looking to swipe Calvin Johnson if he is still available. What does everyone think? Tha would also be good for the Bills because then we wouldn't be tempted to take an injury prone player...

Calvin is going to the Raiders at #1.

Well, I guess I'm in the opposite camp because I would love Peterson on the Bills. I think the injury prone stuff is overblown.

Also though something up David Carr and "shoring up the QB position" just doesn't seem to mesh. Frye is probably just as accomplished as Carr. If anything it would just cause a QB controversy in Cleveland.

I would hate to have Peterson because he's so injury prone.

I hope Marv signs Chris Brown so our RB position will become solidified!

its hard to see a team that just signed Lewis to be their RB pick one up at #3. That is not a position to be drafting a guy to be a backup this year, especially on a team with so many needs. At #3 you are looking for a guy who will come in and be an immediate starter. The only position this is an exception with is QB, and thats only because there is so much more to learn and because you are the team leader at that point. Usually they end up starting as a backup and then by mid season, become the starter

Well, I guess I'm in the opposite camp because I would love Peterson on the Bills. I think the injury prone stuff is overblown.

Also though something up David Carr and "shoring up the QB position" just doesn't seem to mesh. Frye is probably just as accomplished as Carr. If anything it would just cause a QB controversy in Cleveland.

Indeed. I've posted several times regarding Frye, and that I doubt that Quinn is in their plans as well.

CLE is on tv a lot here in Cincy. Frye has skill and moxie...and unfortunately to date, another QB playing under the cloud of the Brown's long-time injury curse.

The Brownies have made some decent moves in FA.

its hard to see a team that just signed Lewis to be their RB pick one up at #3. That is not a position to be drafting a guy to be a backup this year, especially on a team with so many needs. At #3 you are looking for a guy who will come in and be an immediate starter. The only position this is an exception with is QB, and thats only because there is so much more to learn and because you are the team leader at that point. Usually they end up starting as a backup and then by mid season, become the starter

Whaaaa??

ROFL

Over the last 3 years, Brown has been injured more than Peterson. And he is 1/2 the RB Peterson is. Our RB position would be solidified for one year, then we all call for his head.

This sounds like it was meant to be taken serious. Sorry if it was, but I couldn't stop laughing after I read it.

The Browns signed Lewis to a ONE YEAR DEAL. They are gonna ease a RB in this draft in slowly while he learns NFL pass protections. It will probably be Peterson or another day one pick, we'll see.

Agree, I think the Lewis signing means they are taking Michael Bush--not in round one. They aren't THAT stupid.

good post champ i think Carr is a very underated QB, shaub is going to look just as helpless behing that line getting carr for a late round pick and a new cap friendly contract would be in alot of teams best intrest (just not ours). peterson i think will go to the browns i would be surprised if thay didn't take him

Miami is going after Trent Green and its all but a done deal. That means Daunte is available for either Oakland ro maybe even cleveland.
Not from what I read here in SW FLA. KC is asking for too much for Green, Carr is 10 years younger & free & clear. No decision has been made on who they will take. The only way they go with Green is if "they get him on the cheap". KC has to drop there asking price & Green has to agree to an incentive laden contract for Miami to choose him over Carr. Carr has also said Miami is his #1 choice of teams.

The Browns signed Lewis to a ONE YEAR DEAL. They are gonna ease a RB in this draft in slowly while he learns NFL pass protections. It will probably be Peterson or another day one pick, we'll see.

i think Lewis signing a one year deal allows them to draft a RB later (like 2nd or 3rd) and ease that back in. A RB drafted 3rd overall is going to come in and start right away. The only other option is they draft one that early to also use a RB by comittee, but with the holes the Browns have, they could go for anyonme in the draft and it would fill a need

Not from what I read here in SW FLA. KC is asking for too much for Green, Carr is 10 years younger & free & clear. No decision has been made on who they will take. The only way they go with Green is if "they get him on the cheap". KC has to drop there asking price & Green has to agree to an incentive laden contract for Miami to choose him over Carr. Carr has also said Miami is his #1 choice of teams.

Thanks...I appreciate the local take on things.

Miami is going after Trent Green and its all but a done deal.

Not so fast.

According to John Clayton:

Don't expect the Dolphins to land quarterback Trent Green anytime soon because the price is too high. Even though the Dolphins have come to a reasonable compromise on what Green could make if he becomes a Dolphin, the price in draft choices to get him is too high.

The Chiefs want a second-round choice and possibly another pick. The Dolphins won't go higher than a sixth-rounder. That's a wide area of compromise. The Dolphins have the option to sign David Carr, but that won't quickly either. Dolphins coach Cam Cameron is on vacation in Rome for a week, so don't expect much to happen while he is away. And if you are wondering about the timing of the vacation, it was arranged before Cameron thought he would become a head coach.

Link...sans Insider.

On the other hand, it is Clayton who is reporting this and you have proven to be much more credible than Clayton. (Of course, I have a betta fish that is more credible than Clayton.)