Are there still June cuts?

Just wondering if the rule is still in play that lets teams make late June cuts and save being hit for the full-bonus amount in 1 year?

If so, maybe the Bills are counting on those cuts to fill a spot on the roster with a vet.

I have faith in Marv, but I can't ever remember being this late in free agency with 4-5 starting spots open on the team. Realistically, can the Bills find a starting corner, rb, lb (2?), fb and nt through the draft?

Allay my fears, will ya?

Just wondering if the rule is still in play that lets teams make late June cuts and save being hit for the full-bonus amount in 1 year?

If so, maybe the Bills are counting on those cuts to fill a spot on the roster with a vet.

I have faith in Marv, but I can't ever remember being this late in free agency with 4-5 starting spots open on the team. Realistically, can the Bills find a starting corner, lb (2?), fb and nt through the draft?

Allay my fears, will ya?

They are there, however it hasn't been as big of a deal due to the raising of the cap

I have faith in Marv, but I can't ever remember being this late in free agency with 4-5 starting spots open on the team. Realistically, can the Bills find a starting corner, rb, lb (2?), fb and nt through the draft?

Allay my fears, will ya?

Last year Marv got 2 starting safetys, a starting DT (would have been 2 if McCargo didn't get injured) & numerous role players so I say yes, let me allay your fears. :D

I believe with the new CBA, teams can declare two players "June 1st" cuts at any time, and allocate their remaining cap hit over the next two years (same as the old June 1st cuts). This means they can actually cut the veterans early and give them a better chance to land with a new team.

Sorry I don't have a link. I tried to find this in January and I think and spent a half hour and only found a few credible references saying the same thing, but nothing definitive.

I do not expect a lot of talent will appear in June, though some old vets will of course be let go between now and training camp. I suspect we'll sign one or two stop-gap veteran players to one or two year deals.

Allay my fears, will ya?

I understand this team has needs but they only need 1 LB ,Crowell and Ellison start. The starting CB is on the roster in either Youboty, Greer or Thomas. They have 3 DT in Tripplett, McCargo and Williams. They do need a RB and I do not think FB will have a big place on this team.

I understand this team has needs but they only need 1 LB ,Crowell and Ellison start. The starting CB is on the roster in either Youboty, Greer or Thomas. They have 3 DT in Tripplett, McCargo and Williams. They do need a RB and I do not think FB will have a big place on this team.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised so see fewer formations with a full back, and more three receiver sets (Rosco getting more playing time. I also don't consider CB or DT places that are holes. We have McGee/Youboty/Thomas/Greer as the CBs/Nickel/Dime, and we have Triplett/McCargo/Kyle/Hargrove in the tackle rotation (for two positions). Either of those can certainly be upgraded, but I think it is more likely to be picks after the first two rounds. I think we definitely need to add a RB and a LB and I have a feeling those will end up as the first two picks in the draft and definitely filled with day 1 picks (if another position is higher on our draft board at #12 or #44).

Other than June 1 cuts, there are still a lot of lineup filling free agents available, but I'm not sure of any who will bump Hargrove out of the tackle rotation or Greer out of the CB rotation.