if we trade spikes for a draft pick...

All because we got at best a 4th rounder? we need impact LB, good cover corner and running back. That is three impact players, 3 round three and under player-picks. Do we not have them already at hand if we add a 4th rounder and "save" our picks? What do we have to give to get the other 1st rnd impact player and do we have anything left for third player?

do we try to go Willis at 12 (if he's there) then try to get back into the 1st as high as possible and grab Poz too?

i wouldnt mind...

I wouldn't mind it either. That would be a young, but VERY GOOD Linebacking core!

it would probably look something like this:

1. Willis

1a. Puz (shop the second and later third to get in a position to take him)

3. Irons, Pittman, Jackson?

4. CB/DT

4. CB/DT

---------------------------

replying to the other posts: as far as other needs, lets face it, LB and RB are priority 1 and 1. Although we could probably use upgrades at CB and DT, you have to be realistic. We'll draft guys at these positions, just don't look for these upgrades to come our of round 1 and 2. We have young guys on the roster in both positions and you just hope that one of them or a later round draft pick steps up and take the starting job.

If we take RB in the first round look for LB in the second or vice versa. Even though LB is deeper then RB though, If we went RB first, I would try with all my might to get back in the first to get either Puz or Timmons. Those are the only other LB's besides Willis that can be Day 1 starters and have an impact.

wouldn't hate it, but it seems a little overkill to spend two first rounders on linebacker when we really only need one starter and have other significant needs. Why not take Willis in the first and then grab a guy like Tim Shaw in the 3rd?

it would surprise me as well, because it would mostly mean we arent happy with Crowell or Ellison. and while i believe they COULD be upgraded, THAT isnt where the need is at LB.

To have a successful defense we need more than three good linebackers. If we can add Willis and Pozluzny and still get a decent running back in the third round than I will be very satisfied. Unless the Bills really love one of there reserves (Haggen, Stamer, Degregorio, or Wire) to play a lot, adding two studs at linebacker makes this unit the strong point on our defense.

i almost think we'd have to package our 2nd, a 3rd and a 4th to move high enough to grab him. ESPECIALLY if we take Willis, Puz is the next LB to go. we'd have to move fast.

Puz will be there in the 2nd.

Bills may have to trade up for Willis though