Cheney Accuses House of "Underming the Troops!"

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20070325/D8O2TGV80.html

Meanwhile, the American public wants to bring our boys home:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=29...TC-RSSFeeds0312

So I guess America is undermining the troops :devil:

Undermining the troops would be instructing your sock puppet the POTUS to veto the bill that actually sends the money and support the troops need.

I'd laugh if it (Cheney's statement) wasn't so dangerously and disingeniously stupid.

This isn't the first time that he has accused the house like such, But then again anyone who disagrees w/ him is generally scrutinized by him for whatever reasons. He is the guy, when asked if his involvement in Halliburton was inethical in rebuilding Iraq, told the Congressman "F*ck You"(God I miss the middle finger smiley). I kinda figured that Bush would have gotten rid of him at some point over the past 6+ yrs.

What does it mean to "underming"? :D

It means:

un·der·ming /ˌʌndərˈming or, esp. for 1, 2, 4, ˈʌndərˌming/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uhn-der-ming or, esp. for 1, 2, 4, uhn-der-ming] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–verb (used with object), -mined

1. to not get laid on their honeymoon

2. Ed

It means:

un·der·ming /ˌʌndərˈming or, esp. for 1, 2, 4, ˈʌndərˌming/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uhn-der-ming or, esp. for 1, 2, 4, uhn-der-ming] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–verb (used with object), -mined

1. to not get laid on their honeymoon

2. Ed

:thumbsup:

The only thing the house vote accomplished was to show the need for presidential line-item veto.

it also succeeding in demonstrating their desire to shed the Iraq monkey before the 2008 elections. I'm sure after the mid-terms, democrats have a lot of confidence in their 2008 candidate (whomever HE may be) and they sure don't want a wartime castrophe handed off to them.

The only thing the house vote accomplished was to show the need for presidential line-item veto.

Actually, the line item veto wouldn't be of much, if any, use in this particular instance as the individual funding items each have the deadline written in the same sentence as the $'s are mentioned.