Dominic Williams (Davis) released....thoughts

It's obvious no one here has read a thing about Williams (Davis). This is an example of "I've heard the name, he could be good for us!" Williams is a running back with one leg. He's had knee surgery and has suffered setbacks in his rehab. Ya, sounds like the perfect guy to sign.

RTB

Player News

The Houston Texans waived running back Domanick Williams on Friday. Williams, formerly Domanick Davis, is Houston's career rushing leader with 3,195 yards. He spent all of last season on injured reserve with a knee injury. Williams sat out most of training camp last season with soreness in his right knee. He showed up in the Texans locker room on Jan. 1, saying he had legally changed his last name from Davis to Williams, his mother's maiden name. He missed five games in 2005 before undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery. He returned for training camp and declared himself healthy, but soon stopped practicing because of a bone bruise in the knee.

(Updated 03/23/2007).

Injury Report

No information available at this time (Updated 3/24/07).

Fantasy Analysis

Three years ago, Williams was considered one of the biggest and brightest young stars in all of Fantasy Football. Unless he lands with another team and makes what would be considered an improbable comeback, he shouldn't be considered in any format of Fantasy Football.

(Updated 03/23/2007).

Why did he change his name? Did he get married? I wouldn't think that type of thing would be allowed in Texas. And if it was, it sounds like he's the female in the relationship so I'll pass.

He changed his name because Davis was his oldest brother's father's last name. Williams was his mother's maiden name.

Thank god others here have some knowledgeable football minds. No one is saying to overpay the guy, but he is a scatter-type back (3rd Down) who may be able to help the Bills "on the cheap." Maybe you should do your research RTB instead of RYM (Running your mouth). By the way, are you the guy featured in the ESPN News commercials talking out of his ....

I still don't see the point in bringing in a running back who hasnt been healthy in 2 seasons and just suffered another setback on the road to recovery from knee surgery. On the cheap or not, at this point he's not worth a roster spot.

Thank god others here have some knowledgeable football minds. No one is saying to overpay the guy, but he is a scatter-type back (3rd Down) who may be able to help the Bills "on the cheap." Maybe you should do your research RTB instead of RYM (Running your mouth). By the way, are you the guy featured in the ESPN News commercials talking out of his ....

Sorry to get sand in your vagina bro, but your characterization of Dominick Williams as a "3rd down scat back" demonstrates a lack of understanding of both this player and the needs of the Bills. In the 3 years Williams played 2003,2004,2005, he had 1031, 1188, and 976 yards, respectively. Those are hardly 3rd down back numbers. Also, the Bills already have a 3rd down back in Shaud Williams, and he actually has 2 legs that work. I hear Robert Edwards is available, he blew out a knee and hasn't played for a few years either. We should give him a look.

RYM

Sorry to get sand in your vagina bro, but your characterization of Dominick Williams as a "3rd down scat back" demonstrates a lack of understanding of both this player and the needs of the Bills. In the 3 years Williams played 2003,2004,2005, he had 1031, 1188, and 976 yards, respectively. Those are hardly 3rd down back numbers. Also, the Bills already have a 3rd down back in Shaud Williams, and he actually has 2 legs that work. I hear Robert Edwards is available, he blew out a knee and hasn't played for a few years either. We should give him a look.

RYM

Shaud Williams is a terrible third down back, and has played it and played it lousy before. If he is our third down back we're in trouble on third downs, and I will bet you right now he will not be our third down back the majority of this season. He will be lucky to make the team.

RYM

Robert Edwards is in the CFL now, playing running back for the Alouettes. He's actually running very well, and he seems to have his speed back. He's the feature back in Montreal and he's racking up 1000 yard seasons.

I'm glad that you don't demonstrate a lack of understanding of this player though.

Robert Edwards is in the CFL now, playing running back for the Alouettes. He's actually running very well, and he seems to have his speed back. He's the feature back in Montreal and he's racking up 1000 yard seasons.

I'm glad that you don't demonstrate a lack of understanding of this player though.

Good, Robert Edwards...get 'er done Marv!!

Whats an Alouette? :devil:

Because all players who dominate the CFL will have equal success in the NFL...just look at Doug Flutie and all the championships he brought to his NFL teams :devil:

RYM

Now Mr. RYM please google Shaud Williams stats, post them here to show your infinite wisdom, then kindly compare them with Dominick Davis. Now, take a deep breath and tell me who you would rather have in your backfield (on 3rd down or possibly vying for the number one spot with the A-Train.) Again, if the price is right (and he's healthy) why not. Now tell me who demonstrates a lack of understanding here. I guess you would rather see the 3rd and 13 draw play that never worked with Shaud Williams 3 times a game again. Many fine starting running backs in the NFL extended their careers becoming 3rd down backs. Late...

RYM

Did you really try to compare Domanick Davis to Shaud Williams? :devil: Davis(Williams) is a better back with a bum knee than Shaud could hope to be with two, great, healthy knees.