Are you smarter than a 5th grader

dib

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, exactly. i can't understand watching stupid people on even more braindead shows. i understand very well turning off your brain and just watching something to relax but watching the crap that parades around on TV is not what i call relaxing my brain. i don't even get pleasure mocking them because it's too easy; it just make me angry that people are so stupid and uncomfortable that someone would submit themselves to such ridicule on TV.

I would watch a TV show with stupid people, however, if it involved the stupid people potentially getting maimed. Call it "Are you too stupid to escape death?" Put a person in a chamber, and make them solve a crossword, or do a sudoku puzzle, or answer some trivia questions. Make it timed, so if they arent successful, the chamber fills with nerve gas. For some reason, our society thinks that stupid is a badge of honor to be worn and displayed proudly.

The current trend seems to be how little someone needs to do to win a sh--load of money that they are going to blow in 2 years. Its like "Deal or No Deal?" Why the hell do i want to watch people open a suitcase, and then lose all their money because they are greedy !@#$s? The best part of that show is watching some schmuck pass up $250K+ and end up with $300. What would make the show better would be if they re-named it "Deal, No Deal, or Bomb". Make the contestants open their own suitcases. Place explosives in one of the suitcases that dentonate upon opening. Hilarity ensues. At least people would to earn their money then.

The way the question was asked the answer is indeed 12. The way we thought it should've been asked would make the answer 4.

If 3x = Y and Y = 12, then how much is 3x? 3x would have to be 12.

Should've been in my opinion..... If 3x = Y and Y = 12, then how much is x? Then the answer would be 4.

I'm just a dumbass Marine so what do I know? :blink:

yes, we are all used to solving the equation to find x. It is just a smidgin curve ball to ask what is is 3x

How bout when the lady could have won 100k for answering the following question:

if 3x = y and y = 12 how much is 3x

!!!

This was the algebra question: If y=3x and 3x=12 then what does y equal?

AJ has the right question.

I will usually turn off a game show when it seems to take an hour in between questions. Why do we need an entire segment of the show to figure out the adverb of a sentence? It's the same with that 1v.100 show with Saget. I like the concept there, but the show moves soooooooooooo slowly.

If you get CNBC, they usually have replays of the shows at 9pm with alot of the filler removed.

If you get CNBC, they usually have replays of the shows at 9pm with alot of the filler removed.

Cool, thanks...I do get that channel, I just always forget it exists lol

You people say "Are you smarter than a 5th grader" is "dumbing" down America. But South Park is OK? <_<

I don't really care for TV that much, but I can probably name at least two dozen shows on television that is ruining this country country than that game show. In fact I would think that this game show just proves how much better the school system has improved over the last thirty years.

You people say "Are you smarter than a 5th grader" is "dumbing" down America. But South Park is OK? <_<

:lol:

:thumbsup:

Have you ever really watched South Park? And if so, did you really pay attention?

Once you can see thru the external layer of potty humour, you'll find that South Park presents some of the best social commentary on television

I will usually turn off a game show when it seems to take an hour in between questions. Why do we need an entire segment of the show to figure out the adverb of a sentence? It's the same with that 1v.100 show with Saget. I like the concept there, but the show moves soooooooooooo slowly.

Exactly my complaint with it. I counted last time I watched it(2nd show I believe) and they asked a total of 6 questions the entire show. Foxworthy is amazingly unfunny for a established stand up comedian. Really bad show all around. Catchy title sucks people in but it goes downhill in a hurry after that.

:lol:

:thumbsup:

Have you ever really watched South Park? And if so, did you really pay attention?

Once you can see thru the external layer of potty humour, you'll find that South Park presents some of the best social commentary on television

I find it rather childish and boring. It is equivalent to getting your social commentary on the street corner.

This may be the reason I watch very little television,(except for Bills games <_< )

I find it rather childish and boring. It is equivalent to getting your social commentary on the street corner.

This may be the reason I watch very little television,(except for Bills games <_< )

Then either you didn't give it much of a chance or you're just not that bright (no offense)

i've turned people at work on to South Park, some are hardcore liberal, others hardcore conservative, and some are old enough to be my parents. they all thought South Park was childish frat boy jokes but when they watched a couple episodes and really gave it a chance they were hooked

one of my bosses even walked up to me once and said "Noooo!!!! Not Santa's balls!!!". South Park fans will understand the humour in that :thumbsup:

Then either you didn't give it much of a chance or you're just not that bright (no offense)

I understand what he's saying. South Park's social commentary is rather obvious and shallow at times. They present it in layers, but a lot of it is a layer of "childish" humor on top of the social commentary, which itself has a single layer to it, and is not deep.

Exactly my complaint with it. I counted last time I watched it(2nd show I believe) and they asked a total of 6 questions the entire show. Foxworthy is amazingly unfunny for a established stand up comedian. Really bad show all around. Catchy title sucks people in but it goes downhill in a hurry after that.

Wow, that's even worse than I thought....six damn questions in a friggin HOUR?? Could you imagine watching that show after an episode of '24'?

fantastic show for libertarians

hardcore liberals and crazy right wingers might not like it...if they do, they've got a great sense of humor or they don't know what's going on

I'd say the fact that they are hardcore liberals or crazy right wingers pretty much cements the fact that they don't know what's going on anyway.

South Park remain one of the very few watchable shows on TV.

I'd say the fact that they are hardcore liberals or crazy right wingers pretty much cements the fact that they don't know what's going on anyway.

South Park remain one of the very few watchable shows on TV.

couldn't have said it better myself <_<