There will always be complainers

ieatcrayonz

I watched an old movie last night about a futuristical society. Everything there was pretty much perfect. They had some weird rules but nothing too hard or restricting. The society got maximum value from its people and offered the same in return.

When people could no longer hold up their end of the bargain in giving maximum value back to society, the society defended itself. They did not pass judgement on these people but dealt with them. The people's ineptitude was not their fault, but it was a fact.

Our society is often in a similar situation but we get too emotional. Our emotions hurt us all in the long run. This was the point of the movie; that we should be less emotional in the long run.......the "Logan's Run".

What do you think? Have you seen it?

I watched an old movie last night about a futuristical society. Everything there was pretty much perfect. They had some weird rules but nothing too hard or restricting. The society got maximum value from its people and offered the same in return.

When people could no longer hold up their end of the bargain in giving maximum value back to society, the society defended itself. They did not pass judgement on these people but dealt with them. The people's ineptitude was not their fault, but it was a fact.

Our society is often in a similar situation but we get too emotional. Our emotions hurt us all in the long run. This was the point of the movie; that we should be less emotional in the long run.......the "Logan's Run".

sounds like the wall

You are talking about "Logan's Run"? I have seen it, and read both books (much better than the movie btw!).

It has been a while, but I seem to remember that people were put to death at a certain age, regardless of who they were. In the book, I think it was 21, they made it 30, or something in the film.

Pretty grim concept...I am not sure if I interprited it the same as you, but again, it has been about 20 years since I read the books, or saw the movie. The biggest concern would be, who determines what is "maximum value", either given or received? You know, there is always that old "power corrupts" thing going on....

No, there won't. I'm sick and tired of hearing that there will always be complainers. A lot of us only spew happy thoughts. But no, you people always ruin it for the rest of us and it just sucks. Get lost or get over it. Marv knows there aren't going to be any more complainers.

It has been a while, but I seem to remember that people were put to death at a certain age, regardless of who they were. In the book, I think it was 21, they made it 30, or something in the film.

kill everyone at 21 or 30? so no elderly people? i bet that idea disturbs crayonz who has as much or more respect for them as anyone

Pretty grim concept...I am not sure if I interprited it the same as you, but again, it has been about 20 years since I read the books, or saw the movie. The biggest concern would be, who determines what is "maximum value", either given or received? You know, there is always that old "power corrupts" thing going on....

I think that the inner circle (they were once known as the council of elders, but, you can see why they no longer go by that moniker) is more than capable of making that determination. It can't be solely based on age either, other factors must be considered like race (I would use the 40 yd dash) and girth.

You are talking about "Logan's Run"? I have seen it, and read both books (much better than the movie btw!).

Yes, Logan's Run.

I agree it was a grim concept, but brilliant.

The best part of the movie was that it was taken from the bad guys point of view. It would be like if they did a WW II movie from Hitler's perspective.

The movie tried to make you feel for the whining complainers that wanted to live despite harming the rest of society. Everything was written as if they were the heroes. The brilliance was in the authors willingness to stick with that theme.

The overall point of the movie is that these types of people will forever hold back the human race because of their whining. They will be able to get other people to whine with them. Misery loves company or so they say. It is indeed grim knowing the bad guys will be able to do this. I'm sure everyone who watches that movie ends up depressed after it.

If you liked Logan's Run, check out Soylent Green.

Do you mean "Silent Scream" the abortion movie?

Even though I know just about everything political, I am really not into politics. I don't see the connection with Logan's Run at all. Silent Scream is an old movie and probably has been debated on the politics board before. Go look for it over there.

It's classic how some people can be so off with pronunciations. You usually see this with song lyrics, not movie titles. Soylent green? Soylent isn't even a word.