Person of the Week: Bert Brady

erynthered

Having Wine in the morning? I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

it is a very make you feel good story .

when you work 3rd shift happy hour starts at 7 am , that is my 5 o'clock .

this could be a long day .

happy hour :thumbsup::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Having Wine in the morning? I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

I fly out of DFW every other week (matter of fact I also fly into DFW every other week). I am constantly amazed by the number of soldiers heading into/out of the airport. I've always been reluctant to walk up to one and offer my thanks--will they feel embarassed etc. Thoughts?

Infrequently the flight attendant (hopefully that's the PC phrase) will offer thanks to any Armed Forces personnel on a particular flight. This is followed by a round of applause from the passengers. Nice touch.

Based 'hic' on his 'hic' posting 'hic' history I would guess an unsteady 3rd would be more like it.

Just kidding mead! :thumbsup:

only 2 glasses of wine this morning .

box ran out

have to go out and check the mail box and see if any came in the mail .

the new kids are slow in sending me my gifts .

I fly out of DFW every other week (matter of fact I also fly into DFW every other week). I am constantly amazed by the number of soldiers heading into/out of the airport. I've always been reluctant to walk up to one and offer my thanks--will they feel embarassed etc. Thoughts?

Infrequently the flight attendant (hopefully that's the PC phrase) will offer thanks to any Armed Forces personnel on a particular flight. This is followed by a round of applause from the passengers. Nice touch.

I always thank all service personal for their service any time I see them. I've also bought them lunch, dinner or a drink on occasion. :thumbsup:

person of the week = the dean :worthy::worthy:

YIKES! :thumbsup::worthy:

You should only have one or two (or three) in the morning, mead.

"...when they tried to hang that sign on me, I said, "take it down!"..."

I've always been reluctant to walk up to one and offer my thanks--will they feel embarassed etc. Thoughts?

Can't speak for other services but I know Marines are a little embarassed by it. It's nice to be thanked and all but clapping and stuff like that at an airport is a little unneccesary for doing our jobs.

when your jobs require you to go to great lengths and take severe risks to protect our freedom, it is very necessary for us to appreciate it...at least I do :blink::nana:

Can't speak for other services but I know Marines are a little embarassed by it. It's nice to be thanked and all but clapping and stuff like that at an airport is a little unneccesary for doing our jobs.

To bad and tough shiit. I'm going to thank you until the day I die. :blink: