Some new Bills news

Bills | Right guard position up for grabs

Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:59:54 -0700

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports there will be competition at the right guard position in 2007. The Buffalo Bills think OL Duke Preston, who started the last seven games at right tackle last season, has a chance to blossom into a good pro in his third season. He will be challenged by OL Brad Butler, a fifth-round pick out of Virginia in 2006.

Bills | Jackson will get chance to make team

Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:59:29 -0700

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports NFL Europe veteran RB Fred Jackson will get a chance to make the Buffalo Bills team in 2007.

Bills | Spikes on the trade block

Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:58:48 -0700

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills LB Takeo Spikes is on the trade block, and all the economic factors point to him being traded. It remains hard to see how they can avoid spending more cash than their cap limit of $112 million with Spikes on the roster. He's scheduled to make $4.6 million in 2007.

Bills | Ellison adding weight

Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:52:17 -0700

Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills LB Keith Ellison is hoping to get up to about 230 pounds for the 2007 season. He played last season at 224, and this week he weighed in at 226. Ellison doesn't believe he'll lose any of his athleticism by adding an extra five or six pounds.

I guess this makes the TKO on the block official huh?

And didn't Preston play Guard? Pennington started at right tackle.

Bills | Right guard position up for grabs

Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:59:54 -0700

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports there will be competition at the right guard position in 2007. The Buffalo Bills think OL Duke Preston, who started the last seven games at right tackle last season, has a chance to blossom into a good pro in his third season. He will be challenged by OL Brad Butler, a fifth-round pick out of Virginia in 2006.

Bills | Jackson will get chance to make team

Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:59:29 -0700

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports NFL Europe veteran RB Fred Jackson will get a chance to make the Buffalo Bills team in 2007.

Bills | Spikes on the trade block

Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:58:48 -0700

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills LB Takeo Spikes is on the trade block, and all the economic factors point to him being traded. It remains hard to see how they can avoid spending more cash than their cap limit of $112 million with Spikes on the roster. He's scheduled to make $4.6 million in 2007.

Bills | Ellison adding weight

Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:52:17 -0700

Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills LB Keith Ellison is hoping to get up to about 230 pounds for the 2007 season. He played last season at 224, and this week he weighed in at 226. Ellison doesn't believe he'll lose any of his athleticism by adding an extra five or six pounds.

I guess this makes the TKO on the block official huh?

And didn't Preston play Guard? Pennington started at right tackle.

Sounds like Ellison might take over one of our LB spots.

He is bulking up and I do believe that a bunch of folks here said that he needed to.

Maybe he reads the board? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah he must have ignored all those defensive coaches telling him to shed weight after he got on TBD and saw what everyone had to say about him.

If an NFL linebacker can't add 6 pounds of muscle in an offseason then I wouldn't have a lot of confidence in our training staff. The bigger question is, how much of a difference does 6 pounds make when the offensive linemen outweigh you by more than 70 lbs?

Well it depends......Will Ellison have a running start? <_<

If an NFL linebacker can't add 6 pounds of muscle in an offseason then I wouldn't have a lot of confidence in our training staff.

Absolutely! I can add six pounds in a week if I do it right. Especially around Thanksgiving and Christmas <_<