I want to conduct a Political litmus test

Funny, I was thinking Yes, No, No.

Put some shades on the guy and he is Max Headroom.

I don't know if I like him or not, I haven't met him. I find his press conferences entertaining...but that's different from liking "him".

I do respect him, though, because he has a generally difficult job (shoveling other people's sh--), and does it fairly well.

Generally, though, I'm never going to trust anyone connected with the government, including myself.

I don't know the man personally so liking him isn't an issue. I respect all White House Press Secretary's because it takes skill to make lemonade out of lemons, which is their main job. By default you can't really trust any press secretary to give "the whole truth", they only give the spin they're told to give. But with Tony Snow in particular he comes across as a smart-alack who is prone to make faces whenever he doesn't like the questions.

I don't know the man personally so liking him isn't an issue. I respect all White House Press Secretary's because it takes skill to make lemonade out of lemons, which is their main job. By default you can't really trust any press secretary to give "the whole truth", they only give the spin they're told to give.

Holy sh--, we share an opinion. <_<

But with Tony Snow in particular he comes across as a smart-alack who is prone to make faces whenever he doesn't like the questions.

Press secretaries have a relationship with the media - this is particularly true for the White House PS and the White House media pool, who work together pretty closely on a daily basis. The daily White House press briefing is, therefore, hardly an anonymous meeting with unexpected twists and turns...if Snow's making annoying facial expressions at the reporters asking questions, I'd put money on him just doing it to mess with the reporters, and not as an actual expression of...well, anything, really.

I respect Snow if only because he's so much more competent than the guys that came before him.

And he deserves some credit for waking up every morning, knowing he's going to work to see David Gregory and Helen Thomas every day, and not putting a shotgun in his mouth.

And he deserves some credit for waking up every morning, knowing he's going to work to see David Gregory and Helen Thomas every day, and not putting a shotgun in his mouth.

Yes! Exactly! How dare those devils point out Bush's lies! What is their problem? Bush is great, Bush is...is...almost God like! Liberals don't get that. They look at Iraq and see a disaster. What idiots! Long haired freaks can't be right about anything, especially when then disagree with a real man like Bush. I hate them! Bush looks good, those liberals look ugly! Real ugly, how can they be right? I also hate the truth, but whatever. Bush is great, Cheney is a close second and the liberal media is a conspiracy against Bush. I think that's the only reason it was created, i.e. to expose Conservative lies, which really are not lies, they are just counter factual interpretations of reality based on faith, and faith is something liberals, the media, 66% of of the American public, Europe and Canada, especially Canada!!!! are lacking!

God bless President Bush!

Yes! Exactly! How dare those devils point out Bush's lies! What is their problem? Bush is great, Bush is...is...almost God like! Liberals don't get that. They look at Iraq and see a disaster. What idiots! Long haired freaks can't be right about anything, especially when then disagree with a real man like Bush. I hate them! Bush looks good, those liberals look ugly! Real ugly, how can they be right? I also hate the truth, but whatever. Bush is great, Cheney is a close second and the liberal media is a conspiracy against Bush. I think that's the only reason it was created, i.e. to expose Conservative lies, which really are not lies, they are just counter factual interpretations of reality based on faith, and faith is something liberals, the media, 66% of of the American public, Europe and Canada, especially Canada!!!! are lacking!

Thanks for taking the time to type all that.

Modern medicine has wonderful treatments for brain aneurysms these days.

I know, I know...you can't afford health insurance because of Bush...

Just as silly as that post sounds it's not far from what your real posts come accross sounding like. So now do you get why people don't take anything you post seriously?

Definitely don't trust him or believe a word he says, but I respect him, and kinda like him. I like him more than I did when he was a newsman and commentator. And I'm obviously no conservative. He's actually very good at his present job, which is an impossible one. And the best at it I have seen since Mike McCurry.

I feel obligated to answer as well here...

I think he's a snake (all whitehouse press secretaries are...to an extent)

but I think it's VERY cool that he plays in a band and has jammed with Ian Anderson (lead singer from Jethro Tull) and the guitarist who played for both Steely Dan AND the Doobie Brothers...

just though I'd throw that fun factoid out there!

Do you the reader like, trust, or even respect Tony Snow?

- No opinion on whether I like him or not. I don't really know the guy, so I can't say.

- Hell no I don't trust him. Trusting someone in that position is "ludacris".

- Yes, I do respect him, on a professional level.