marshawn lynch private meeting scheduled

according to new era scouting,insider info. "our talk with scouts in the buffalo area indicate that the team is set to make marshawn lynch their pick @ 12 in the 1st round.the team has scheduled a private meeting with lynch."

thanx for the info really but i think meetings like this happen all the time.

according to new era scouting,insider info. "our talk with scouts in the buffalo area indicate that the team is set to make marshawn lynch their pick @ 12 in the 1st round.the team has scheduled a private meeting with lynch."

And how did you find this out? New era's insider website?

From here on out I'm sure that we are going to be hearing about alot of "leaks", not just about Buffalo but about several teams. This is the NFL's version of party poker. To give an example, in one night we hear about Michael Turner being able to be had for a high 2nd rder and then we got a private meeting with Lynch. This is some great posturing, don't you think?

These types of pre-draft meetings aren't unusual. The Bills typically meet with a few players prior to the draft every year; if memory serves, its usually three or four. There may be more that we never hear about, though the NFL may also place limits on how many prospects may be brought in for a visit. If true, and it probably is, its a reasonable indicator that the Bills have a high degree of interest in Lynch, but it shouldn't be interpreted as him being their first or only choice.

There is only one pick you can be set to make before draft day. That is the #1 pick. Other than that you can get your priorities and evaluations in order, get to know some of the likely options even better with a private meeting, and wait until the team before you picks. I think Lynch is one of our options. Anybody in the top 20 on our draft board needs to be looked at carefully so we can put them in order and get the one we like the most when 12 roles around (or trade up/down before that based on our evaluations). So let's find out where Lynch should be on our board compared to Willis and Peterson and Okoye and Hall and everybody else. But forget about getting "set to make marshawn lynch their pick".

They'd better be careful if they do want Lynch - Green Bay may very well leapfrog them if they stay at 12.

Part of the reason a team may do this or word may leak about this is simply because they want to induce some team to show their hand by indicating interest in a particular player they have no intention of drafting or in fact have them spend resources on a trade up.

Regarding this pick in particular, i really doubt the Bills are unfolding any pots regarding GB and their pick, but I could easily see a situation in which the Bills had decided to pass on Lynch in most or all cases if their personal interview at the Combine left them unimpressed, if they have some character issue regarding him (from the regarded minor to most legal issues against him that went away), or they have an interest in a different RB (Irons in a latter round for example or Peterson if he drops).

In other words who knows.

My girlfriend just called to tell me that she saw lynch at the buffalo airport!

Stop Lying!!

You don't have a girlfriend!

Part of the reason a team may do this or word may leak about this is simply because they want to induce some team to show their hand by indicating interest in a particular player they have no intention of drafting or in fact have them spend resources on a trade up.

Maybe Lynch is this year's Leeland McElroy...