Patrick Willis and trade back into the 1st for Michael Bush.

PIZ

I love the idea. Two major holes filled in round 1.

Sports Illustrated

1. Who will go after Michael Bush?

In the wake of the Willis McGahee trade, the Bills have a need for Bush -- widely considered the draft's third best running back -- and could target him either late in the first round or early in the second. With four first-day picks (they got Baltimore's third-rounder in the deal for McGahee), Buffalo could package its second-round selection (No. 43) and first third-rounder (No. 74) to climb back into the latter stages of the first round to land Bush. Or the Bills could dangle their second third-round pick (No. 92) to move up high into the second round in order to secure Bush.

I would be 100% satisfied if they somehow could get Patrick Willis, Michael Bush, and Brian Leonard.

I'd rather trade for Ron Dayne. :devil:

Agreed. I do not think Bush is that special of a talent. He was way overhyped playing in C-USA and the lack of talent in the Big East. I would rather have a guy like Walker or Hunt maybe even Irons late in the 2nd if we dont grab Lynch 1st.

Trading back into the first round for Bush would make zero sense. I suppose the Whitner pick has convinced everyone that Marv can be relied on to bend over backwards in order to reach for a marginal talent.

There will be value RBs in the third round (maybe Hunt for example).

I love the idea. Two major holes filled in round 1.

Sports Illustrated

I would be 100% satisfied if they somehow could get Patrick Willis, Michael Bush, and Brian Leonard.

why would you want Bush and Leonard?

Leonard slimmed down and wants to be a featured back and from what i read looked good at the combine and probably moved himself into the second round

I would much rather have Lynch or Okoye at 12

That Penn State linebacking hype-machine (maybe only on this board) will probobly still be there when we pick in teh 2nd round. Mark it 8.

As for Michael Bush, far better than Ron Dayne.

Kenny Irons? Lets get an undersized guy with marginal speed whos short on brains...no thanks, Ill pass.

Sign me up for the Willis, Bush, Leonard draft, or Willis Bush Hughes(or other CB).

Or Okoye, Penn St LB, CB/RB. Any of those or similar combinations.

I haven't seen the various round 2 backs enough to really have a good judgment, so I hope that they are heavily scouted and properly evaluated, and if we don't get Peterson or Lynch that we get a steal by picking the best fit second round back.

Last night I had a dream that Peterson fell to 12 along with Willis and Okoye and the Bills picked a CB whose name I had never heard. Must be the post traumatic stress of hearing Whitner's name for the first time when we picked him last year, so my goal this year is to know something about every single player we could possibly pick at #12 and not be surprised by Marv.

So now we have fans suggesting we trade away picks for the 3rd best RB in the draft, mind you, this is a RB that didnt see the field in 2006. Seems to be a HUGE gamble if you ask me.

If anything, id draft Lynch, and get a decent LB in the 2nd round......

I cant see giving away picks for a guy who didnt do anything the year before, and unsure how he has healed.....

I think there are some good LB's that will be there in the 2nd when we pick, There will also be some decent RB's aswell!

I haven't seen the various round 2 backs enough to really have a good judgment, so I hope that they are heavily scouted and properly evaluated, and if we don't get Peterson or Lynch that we get a steal by picking the best fit second round back.

Last night I had a dream that Peterson fell to 12 along with Willis and Okoye and the Bills picked a CB whose name I had never heard. Must be the post traumatic stress of hearing Whitner's name for the first time when we picked him last year, so my goal this year is to know something about every single player we could possibly pick at #12 and not be surprised by Marv.

Very strange.

The night before the draft last year I had a dream that the bills picked some guy noone had ever heard of. It wasnt whitner, it was a big guy, like a lineman.

It always seemed very odd to me.

So now we have fans suggesting we trade away picks for the 3rd best RB in the draft, mind you, this is a RB that didnt see the field in 2006. Seems to be a HUGE gamble if you ask me.

If anything, id draft Lynch, and get a decent LB in the 2nd round......

I cant see giving away picks for a guy who didnt do anything the year before, and unsure how he has healed.....

I think there are some good LB's that will be there in the 2nd when we pick, There will also be some decent RB's aswell!

Bingo!, That wouldnt make any sense at all! Personally, I'd like to see Willis 1st and Pittman in the 2nd. You're right though, there are some decent RBs to be had in the 2nd and maybe early 3rd rd we could get without giving away a thing.

GAAAAH! NO! not Bush in the 1st round. stay in the second and HOPE someone else is foolish enough to pick him in the late first. that will cause us to grab our guy in the 2nd then go best defense the rest of the day.

I dont know they did jump the gun last year with mccargo and jumped at the chance to get him.

That Penn State linebacking hype-machine (maybe only on this board) will probobly still be there when we pick in teh 2nd round. Mark it 8.

As for Michael Bush, far better than Ron Dayne.

Kenny Irons? Lets get an undersized guy with marginal speed whos short on brains...no thanks, Ill pass.

Sign me up for the Willis, Bush, Leonard draft, or Willis Bush Hughes(or other CB).

Or Okoye, Penn St LB, CB/RB. Any of those or similar combinations.

What? Irons ran a 4.49and 4.5 thats marginal? He ways about 210-215. and is almost 6ft. research my friend. Bush is a 6-2 250 slow-RB getting over a badly broken foot, I'll pass.

I agree about Puz. I am still scratching my head on how he beat out AJ Hawk last year for the Butkus award.

I would take a LB from the ACC or SEC before that clown. The talent is so much better in those 2 conferences. USC is another wealth of talent. These slow white guys just dont do it.

I can't see how the Bills are targeting drafting another RB who's recently had a really bad leg injury seeing how Willis McGahee never lived up to his post-injury "potential". This dude is going to be a 250 runningback with a rod in his leg. Does not exactly conjure up visions of Bush having an outstanding NFL career. Since Bush is a very risky pick, I'm sure the Bills will steer far away from him on draft day.