Cato June to Tampa Bay

Anybody else think that Cato June and Coy Wire bear a lot of resemblance?

I am not talking about Coy Wire the safety I am talking about Coy Wire the undersized linebacker.....I thought he did really well in that role.

The ironic thing is, I heard this morning on the local Bucs Radio (WDAE), the Bucs are going to play June at free safety. WLB is Brooks, and June is too small to play SLB, or MLB

The ironic thing is, I heard this morning on the local Bucs Radio (WDAE), the Bucs are going to play June at free safety. WLB is Brooks, and June is too small to play SLB, or MLB

That may change after/during Camp. 6 feet 235 is small for a LB.

That may change after/during Camp. 6 feet 235 is small for a LB.
That is the point with June they are saying he is just over 200 lbs, makes him smaller than Wire or Ellison. That is why he goes to safety ( The Bucs have a need there ) They say he may play some lb on passing downs because of his speed, but he doesn't have the size to be an every down LB and handle the run.

That is the point with June they are saying he is just over 200 lbs, makes him smaller than Wire or Ellison. That is why he goes to safety ( The Bucs have a need there ) They say he may play some lb on passing downs because of his speed, but he doesn't have the size to be an every down LB and handle the run.

Despite doing so in Indy?

He's not THAT great of a LB. He missed a ton of tackles last year.

I love hearing how the guy who was 5th in the league in tackles with a 142 missed so many tackles.

I have never claimed that this guys it he best LB in the league, but he sure as hell would seriously upgraded our LB core, and people saying things about him that aren't true just because he signed somewhere else bugs me. His stats are comparable to the likes of Urlacher, Briggs (often considered two of the top cover 2 LBs out there), Keith Brooking, Keith Bulluck, etc...

He's a very good LB, who's size didn't hamper him from being the leading tackler on the Super Bowl winning team, who has experience in our scheme.

How would that not have been a great addition?

But hey, he's gone. Doesn't matter now anyway.

I love hearing how the guy who was 5th in the league in tackles with a 142 missed so many tackles.

I have never claimed that this guys it he best LB in the league, but he sure as hell would seriously upgraded our LB core, and people saying things about him that aren't true just because he signed somewhere else bugs me. His stats are comparable to the likes of Urlacher, Briggs (often considered two of the top cover 2 LBs out there), Keith Brooking, Keith Bulluck, etc...

He's a very good LB, who's size didn't hamper him from being the leading tackler on the Super Bowl winning team, who has experience in our scheme.

How would that not have been a great addition?

But hey, he's gone. Doesn't matter now anyway.

My brother & sister inlaw live in Indy. Between us visiting them & they us, I watched a # of Colt games with my brother inlaw. In my opinion I think Keith Ellison is a far better LB than June. Stats can be very misleading, just as Fletcher had many tackles, many were made after the RB picked up 7 to 16 yards, June was the same way, many tackles due to his speed catching a guy from behind after he made a huge gain. Check the stats and see how many tackles Fletcher & June made for no gain or a loss of yards.

Despite doing so in Indy?
If the Colts thought very highly of him they would have done there best to keep June. He signed a very reasonable contract with the Bucs, that even the Bills could have competed with, not to mention how many other teams with plenty of money to spend. The fact is he was not thought of that highly around the league by the people in position to make such judgments.