Marshawn Lynch Fans

serious question. Very similar style runners, same offense. Arrington is a little faster, Lynch a little bigger.

Arrington has done nothing in the NFL at all. What makes Lynch different?

Well, he is a different person altogether. We aren't dealing with robots here. Different attitude, preparation, effort, decision making plus in the NFL he'll be on a different team coached by different coaches calling different plays against different opponents behind a different offensive line.

You don't - the same way you don't know if a DT is the next Ryan Simms- or a Oline guy is the next Tony Manderich (sp) or Mike Williams- or the QB you take high won't suck- or your wr is the next Mike Williams or Charles Rogers- SO why don't we take a freaking punter I can't recall a punter being taken high in the first round being a bust.

serious question. Very similar style runners, same offense. Arrington is a little faster, Lynch a little bigger.

There is no difference except the two things mentioned. God tried to clone JJ Arrington and just missed by a bit. :thumbsup:

my friend who is a college football RB and actually knows a thing or two about RBs said the same thing about Lynch.. I rather shy away from him, and go after a CB/DT.

Well, from what I can tell, he's BETTER than JJ. :thumbsup:

What kind of question is this anyway? :lol:

Well, he is a different person altogether. We aren't dealing with robots here. Different attitude, preparation, effort, decision making plus in the NFL he'll be on a different team coached by different coaches calling different plays against different opponents behind a different offensive line.

Yes, I acknowledge that they are in fact different people.

In my opinion the comparison needs to be talked about just as you compare any players coming out of the same program that have similar physical attributes and styles. It seems that their likelihood of success would be most reasonably forecast through such comparisons.

I've seen him already declared as Marshall Faulk on this board - yet its J.J. Arrington that Lynch has the most in common with coming into the NFL.

Well, from what I can tell, he's BETTER than JJ. :thumbsup:

What kind of question is this anyway? :lol:

JJ was drafted in the second round(44th overall).

Lynch is projected to go in the first 16 picks of the first round there must be some difference between these guys as being a top 16 pick is very different than a 44th pick.

JJ Arrington is not as shifty as Lynch. Lynch is more powerful. Arrington doesnt make people miss. Arrington is a north south RB. Lynch can stop and go faster. Arrington is faster going straight, Lynch is faster making cuts. Lynch is better at catching.

Lets just put it this way, Lynch can do more on his own.

Marshawn/JJ are not comparable runners....besides there timed speeds being the same they are much different....

Marshawn is a complete runner, one main difference being breaking off first contact...something JJ rarely did/does....

Then you add into Marshawn's good pass catching ability, willingness to block(above average if not good) and vision...and you see why you cant compare the two....

disclaimer: I am not a lynch supporter, I am lynch-neutral

That being said:

JJ arrington is about the same size as Ken Simonton, unfortunately for Simonton, no idiot coaches fell in love with him and wasted a 2nd round draft pick.

Lynch is about 4 inches taller and 20-30 lbs heavier. Although beware of the Pac10.

Actually, they are the same person.

Stupid thread imo.

Calling 2 backs the same just because of the college and system.

How are Adrian Peterson and Quinten Griffen any different? Same system, same coach.

how is McGahee any different from Frank Gore.....because they are different players

It's a fair question. One big thing they have in common is playing in a Jeff Tedford offense. People raise questions about Jeff Tedford coached QBs ie. Kyle Boller and Joey Harrington so why not question the quality of RB he coaches. Some players look better because of the scheme they play in college and it doesn't convert over to the pros. Just look at all the Florida St. DEs, Andre Wadsworth, Jamal Reynolds and Reinard Wilson.

Marshawn Lynch Fans, how is he any different than J.J. Arrington?

They've got different Mothers.

Different Daddys too by all acounts.

Ask Aaron Schobel 6'4" 262-pounds if we'll get his kind of production out of his cousin Bo 6'5" 264-pounds. :rolleyes:

I want to be clear - I'm not saying Lynch won't be good, and I don't even really hate the idea of drafting him. I just think the fact that a similar back that came out of the same program just two years ago has been a total bust in the NFL and was also considered a late 1st, early 2nd pick (which Lynch was not all that long ago).

I've watched some of the highlights and some of the posters were correct that Arrington is a more straight line runner than Lynch (though the highlights of him breaking really long runs - so that'll tend to happen), but there also were some plays that looked very much like the those in the Lynch youtube video which gets posted here every other day.

I want to be clear - I'm not saying Lynch won't be good, and I don't even really hate the idea of drafting him. I just think the fact that a similar back that came out of the same program just two years ago has been a total bust in the NFL and was also considered a late 1st, early 2nd pick (which Lynch was not all that long ago).

I've watched some of the highlights and some of the posters were correct that Arrington is a more straight line runner than Lynch (though the highlights of him breaking really long runs - so that'll tend to happen), but there also were some plays that looked very much like the those in the Lynch youtube video which gets posted here every other day.

Lynch was never considered a late 1st rounder....he has always been a mid round projection(10 to 20)

Lynch was never considered a late 1st rounder....he has always been a mid round projection(10 to 20)

Simply not true, I remember only only two or three months ago there were mock drafts that had him there for us in the second round. Most had him in the mid to late 20 range though.