We don't need GOD at running back.

JinWPB

Watching NFL net. Priest Holmes returning to the Chiefs backfield this year? Anyone up on his situation, injuries, contract ect.

I could see him in a Bills uni. if he's healthy and he could come cheap.

Whats the word?

Watching NFL net. Priest Holmes returning to the Chiefs backfield this year? Anyone up on his situation, injuries, contract ect.

Whats the word?

Looks like he's returning to the Chiefs next year (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=1351 ). I'd take him any day of the week!

Whats the word?

Jus the doc here "keeping it real"

Let me see if I understand you...

You'd love to see a soon to be 34 year old running back, that's played 15 games in the past 2 seasons, in a Bills uni? Do you just want him to play "dress up" with you, or actually suit up to play?

Dude... I hear Thurman Thomas aint too busy... why not him?

God... like I said before. There ought to be an age or IQ minimum to post on this board. Thank God today's the last day of spring break. I don't know if I could take one more post from a 2nd grader.

You'd love to see a soon to be 34 year old running back, that's played 15 games in the past 2 seasons, in a Bills uni? Do you just want him to play "dress up" with you, or actually suit up to play?

God... like I said before. There ought to be an age or IQ minimum to post on this board. Thank God today's the last day of spring break. I don't know if I could take one more post from a 2nd grader.

I think Thurman could outplay Priest at this point. :rolleyes:

Whats the word?

NO NO NO

I for one am very opposed to finding your RB in FA. Someone posted a good article that was written after the WM deal about how quickly RB's become damaged goods and I agree 100%. They have too short of a shelf life.

No need.

NO NO NO

I for one am very opposed to finding your RB in FA. Someone posted a good article that was written after the WM deal about how quickly RB's become damaged goods and I agree 100%. They have too short of a shelf life.

You're close to having the correct solution. The answer here is that we should not spend alot of resources on a running back. Whether that is alot of cash in the FA pool or an early round pick. There is nothing wrong with a FA back, but there is no need to go crazy and throw a 50M contract on the table. On the flip side, spending a first round pick on a RB seems silly due to the short shelf life, and your not really getting value for your pick.

So bottom line, dont spend alof of resources on a back...but explore all options to get someone of quality in here.

Jus a wac here "keeping it real"

Let me see if I understand you...( you don't)

You'd love to see a soon to be 34 year old running back, that's played 15 games in the past 2 seasons, in a Bills uni? Do you just want him to play "dress up" ( are you having those dreams again Dr.)with you, or actually suit up to play?

Dude... I hear Thurman Thomas aint too busy... why not him?( He caught Fins disease)

God... like I said before. There ought to be an age or IQ minimum to post on this board. Thank God today's the last day of spring break. ( So you can get back to your day job as crossing guard) I don't know if I could take one more post from a 2nd grader.( Stop surfing the net you pedifile you.)

As long as we are doing a running back by committee , whats wrong with a veteran back in the mix ( if healthy, if cheap )as I said in my post , Priest set the single season touchdown record just a few years ago. He says he is healthy and wants to play two or three more years. Having a older back didn't seem to bother with Bettis in Pitt or Dillion In NE or Faulk in St. Louis. But heh I don't have my Doctorate in BS yet.

So bottom line, dont spend alof of resources on a back...but explore all options to get someone of quality in here.

Yep. Besides, all of the stock of these veteran RBs goes down as time goes on. We shouldn't be investing in a market when it's way overvalued. Better to sit tight and wait to see what's available - right through the first couple rounds of cuts in pre-season. Most of these guys will still be available later on, might as well wait until they are on the bubble of having a job, and then sign em, vs. overpaying now.