Trade Rumor

obie_wan

Saw a rumor on another board that Bills had offered both 3's to move up from #12 to #2 with Detroit.

This would be a good deal if Millan were desparate enough to get out of #2, but only if the Bills plan was to trade back down. A GM ishis right mind would laugh at this offer.

According to the draft value chart, the Bills would gan a huge advantage in value. With Peterson, Thomas, the QBs or Calvin Johnson on the board they could conceivably upgrade their 2 3's for a couple 2's and a 1st rounder next year.

Anyone think Marv has become a riverboat gambler in his old age?

This is where this rumour goes totally ridiculous...

Detroit wants to trade down. The Bills low-ball them with two #3's. Detroit accepts, then the Bills trade down from the #2 pick and get even more value.

So what's wrong with this picture? Why can't another team that wants the #2 pick simply outbid the Bill's measly pair of #3's? You know if you just spend 30 seconds thinking aout it, most of these rumours are just the wet dreams of some pimply-faced, fantasy-football-playin, NFL GM wannabe.

PTR

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where this rumour goes totally ridiculous...

Detroit wants to trade down. The Bills low-ball them with two #3's. Detroit accepts, then the Bills trade down from the #2 pick and get even more value.

So what's wrong with this picture? Why can't another team that wants the #2 pick simply outbid the Bill's measly pair of #3's? You know if you just spend 30 seconds thinking aout it, most of these rumours are just the wet dreams of some pimply-faced, fantasy-football-playin, NFL GM wannabe.

PTR

You've made a very strong argument, but I think I will ignore it.

The Bills are not going to spend the kind of money it would take to sign the #2 overall. There is a better chance they would drop down from #12 to save some money.

Yes, but I don't need to tell you that JP sucks and the Bills need to move up that far to draft Brady Quinn. I mean, let's get real here.

:D Sorry man, I just couldn't help it.

The only way it would make sense is if Detroit did not want to drop any further then 12th in the 1st round. Even if a team below the Bills was willing to give up more - if Detroit wanted to pick no lower then 12 then that would be a reason the trade could be made.

What would the trade value be if the Bills gave up their 1st, 2nd & one of their 3rds?

The only way it would make sense is if Detroit did not want to drop any further then 12th in the 1st round. Even if a team below the Bills was willing to give up more - if Detroit wanted to pick no lower then 12 then that would be a reason the trade could be made.

What would the trade value be if the Bills gave up their 1st, 2nd & one of their 3rds?

Using the Bills 1st, 2nd and high 3rd pick...

1880 = 4th overall (1800 points)

There is no reason for the Bills to trade away so many picks. If Peterson's gone, just select Lynch if they are determined to go RB.

Using the Bills 1st, 2nd and high 3rd pick...

1880 = 4th overall (1800 points)

There is no reason for the Bills to trade away so many picks. If Peterson's gone, just select Lynch if they are determined to go RB.

Thats not what they are suggesting to do with the second pick according to the "rumor" in the first post, they are saying the Bills will trade up using the #12, and both 3rds to get the #2, only to trade back out to get better picks then the 2 3rds they gave up

Thats not what they are suggesting to do with the second pick according to the "rumor" in the first post, they are saying the Bills will trade up using the #12, and both 3rds to get the #2, only to trade back out to get better picks then the 2 3rds they gave up

I was replying to another post regarding what the value is of the Bills 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

As for the original post, trying to move from 12 to 2 using our 2 thirds would never happen. Even Matt Millen isn't that stupid.

I was replying to another post regarding what the value is of the Bills 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

As for the original post, trying to move from 12 to 2 using our 2 thirds would never happen. Even Matt Millen isn't that stupid.

How DARE you question the stupidity of Matt Millen. :nana:

I think Mr. Millen has EARNED some respect in the stupidity department. Matt is stupid as he want's to be, stupid as he ever was, stupid to the bone. And don't you forget it!

Imagine that. CJ and Lee Evans. NICE!

we would never be able to afford two #1 wide receivers down the line......no team can.every team that has a star wideout has a really good #2,but not two complete stars.you cant stay under the cap and tie all your money to a qb,rb,and two wr's.thats why its always the big 3,qb,wr,rb.go bills in"07

How DARE you question the stupidity of Matt Millen. :nana:

I think Mr. Millen has EARNED some respect in the stupidity department. Matt is stupid as he want's to be, stupid as he ever was, stupid to the bone. And don't you forget it!

You're absolutely right, I retract that remark.

The iniital rumor looks to have missed the fact that the Bills are really picking 9th and should even more value for 1st round pick. :nana:

I think that if we continue to work on this we could be picking 4th, and not have to give anything up. Based on Scouts Inc. rankings we can do the following:

Bills won't take a QB=Bills Move up 2 spots

Bills won't take an OT= Bills move up 2 spots

Bills won't take a WR= Bills move up 1 spot

Bills won't take a DE=Bills move up 2 spots

Bills won't take a Safety= Bills move up 1 spot

Dang, that moves us higher than I thought.

With the 4th pick in the 2007 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma. I really feel that he'll be there at 4.

we would never be able to afford two #1 wide receivers down the line......no team can.every team that has a star wideout has a really good #2,but not two complete stars.you cant stay under the cap and tie all your money to a qb,rb,and two wr's.thats why its always the big 3,qb,wr,rb.go bills in"07

The Rams did it with Bruce & Holt. Bruce was a legit top 10 WR as was Holt....at the same time....& they kept both.

Cardinals are doing it now with Boldin & Fitzgerald......though we'll see what happens when contracts expire.

It's not common but it has happened.

Well, it might be, lets go through the checklist of requirements for it to be a loonies thread

1. Crazy Trade for player/Draft Picks has been proposed - CHECK

2. No Link to where this information was found - CHECK

3. Song Lyrics are posted - Check

4. Atleast one poster says something not normal, making you question if their account has been hacked - CHECK

5. Deluca comes back for a reply - CHECK

6. Someone makes reference to how Marv is drafting a 1st round corner - CHECK

7. People's replies show they did not read the full post (probably because of how crazy it was originally) - CHECK

I think we got everything. It doesn't have anything to do with the Canadian dollar, or a bird, and it meets the criteria's of the list, so yes, I think its the Loonies thread

:nana::thumbsup::D:pirate:

At least you can't blame me for #6 on THIS thread.

That would be a devistating move for the Bills franchise and it would create alot of problems with its fan base.

FIRST..........you dont trade away 3 picks for one pick when you have MANY holes to fill! Thats just idiotic!

Id certainly hope Buffalo's front office is not that dumb to make that move!

Trading down a few spots and maybe get another 2nd rounder is the best option for a team with more holes then swiss cheese!

Words of wisdom. I totally agree. We have way to many holes on the team to be wasting picks.

Words of wisdom. I totally agree. We have way to many holes on the team to be wasting picks.

If Johnson is even almost as good as advertised, the Bills would have one of the best WR combos in the history of the NFL.

What is wrong with this thread is NOT the premise of trading up to get Johnson, but the idea that it would be possible for a swap of 1st round picks and 2 3rds.

It would probably take the above, as well as a 1st and 2nd in 08 for us to move up and get Johnson. THAT would be too much.