Trade Rumor

obie_wan

Saw a rumor on another board that Bills had offered both 3's to move up from #12 to #2 with Detroit.

This would be a good deal if Millan were desparate enough to get out of #2, but only if the Bills plan was to trade back down. A GM ishis right mind would laugh at this offer.

According to the draft value chart, the Bills would gan a huge advantage in value. With Peterson, Thomas, the QBs or Calvin Johnson on the board they could conceivably upgrade their 2 3's for a couple 2's and a 1st rounder next year.

Anyone think Marv has become a riverboat gambler in his old age?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a rumor on another board that Bills had offered both 3's to move up from #12 to #2 with Detroit.

This would be a good deal if Millan were desparate enough to get out of #2, but only if the Bills plan was to trade back down. A GM ishis right mind would laugh at this offer.

According to the draft value chart, the Bills would gan a huge advantage in value. With Peterson, Thomas, the QBs or Calvin Johnson on the board they could conceivably upgrade their 2 3's for a couple 2's and a 1st rounder next year.

Imagine that. CJ and Lee Evans. NICE!

.....According to the draft value chart, the Bills would gan a huge advantage in value.....

I'd have said MASSIVE.

#2 = 2600

#12+#74+#92 = 1552

We'd have to add the #15 pick in the draft to even it up.

There is no way this rumour is anything but rumour.

That would be a devistating move for the Bills franchise and it would create alot of problems with its fan base.

FIRST..........you dont trade away 3 picks for one pick when you have MANY holes to fill! Thats just idiotic!

Id certainly hope Buffalo's front office is not that dumb to make that move!

Trading down a few spots and maybe get another 2nd rounder is the best option for a team with more holes then swiss cheese!

Calvin Johnson is going #1

Imagine. Marv doing all that just so he can guarantee getting Darrelle Revis at #2. :D

The Bills are not going to spend the kind of money it would take to sign the #2 overall. There is a better chance they would drop down from #12 to save some money.

That would be a devistating move for the Bills franchise and it would create alot of problems with its fan base.

FIRST..........you dont trade away 3 picks for one pick when you have MANY holes to fill! Thats just idiotic!

Trading down a few spots and maybe get another 2nd rounder is the best option for a team with more holes then swiss cheese!

Yea.........well.....I, for one, enjoy a good swiss.

I think you make great points. The Bills should go this direction.

The key point is that the Bills would not stay at #2.

They would take the #2 and leverage it into more than the 2 number 3s they gave up due to the massive value advantage they gained from the rumored trade up.

As I said, any normal GM would laugh at such a disparity, but with Matt Millen you never know. He may just want to avoid haivng to make a decision on drafting ANOTHER WR in the top 10.

Feeling particularly agreeable this morning, Beerball?

Love is in the air

Everywhere I look around

Love is in the air

Every sight and every sound

And I don't know if I'm being foolish

Don't know if I'm being wise

But it's something that I must believe in

And it's there when I look in your eyes

Love is in the air

In the whisper of the trees

Love is in the air

In the thunder of the sea

And I don't know if I'm just dreaming

Don't know if I feel sane

And it's there when you call out my name

Love is in the air

Love is in the air

Oh oh oh

Oh oh oh

Love is in the air

In the rising of the sun

Love is in the air

When the day is nearly done

And I don't know if you're an illusion

Don't know if I see it true

But you're something that I must believe in

And you're there when I reach out for you

Love is in the air

Every sight and every sound

And I don't know if I'm being foolish

Don't know if I'm being wise

And it's there when I look in your eyes

Love is in the air

Love is in the air

Oh oh oh

Oh oh oh

Love is in the air

Love is in the air

Oh oh oh

Oh oh oh

Love is in the air

Love is in the air

Oh oh oh

Oh oh oh

Love is in the air

Love is in the air

Oh oh oh

Oh oh oh

They would take the #2 and leverage it into more than the 2 number 3s they gave up due to the massive value advantage they gained from the rumored trade up.

So why would Detroit trade with the Bills in the first place when there is a team out there willing to give up more for the #2 spot? It makes no sense for Detroit to lose that much value in a trade with the Bills. File this one under "someone made it up on the other message board."

The key point is that the Bills would not stay at #2.

As I said, any normal GM would laugh at such a disparity, but with Matt Millen you never know. He may just want to avoid haivng to make a decision on drafting ANOTHER WR in the top 10.

Didnt think of it that way.......Thats a great point man!

This is the loonies thread isn't it?

Well, it might be, lets go through the checklist of requirements for it to be a loonies thread

1. Crazy Trade for player/Draft Picks has been proposed - CHECK

2. No Link to where this information was found - CHECK

3. Song Lyrics are posted - Check

4. Atleast one poster says something not normal, making you question if their account has been hacked - CHECK

5. Deluca comes back for a reply - CHECK

6. Someone makes reference to how Marv is drafting a 1st round corner - CHECK

7. People's replies show they did not read the full post (probably because of how crazy it was originally) - CHECK

I think we got everything. It doesn't have anything to do with the Canadian dollar, or a bird, and it meets the criteria's of the list, so yes, I think its the Loonies thread

Marvv giving up the #12 pick and both thirds for Detroits #2 sounds plausable and atleast believable, it would almost guarantee they want Peterson (they could make the deal for a couple picks down if it was for Okoye)

The part that makes it crazy and unbelievable is that you then say that Marv moves down and makes this deal only so he can trade back down and get better picks. If Marv could get a better deal for the #2 spot, why couldn't Millen? Why wouldn't a team just offer Millen the better deal for the spot and Buffalo just stays at #12 trying to trade down?

There is only one logical way this works out, The only team interested in moving to #2 is a bitter rival of Detroit so Detroit doesn't want to make a direct deal. Detroit also doesn't want to drop lower then 12 and the rival drafts farther down. So Buffalo, interested in drafting lower, makes the deal with Detroit, telling them they intend to draft at the #2 spot, they wait til pick #1 is made, and then trade the spot away to the Rival for the lower pick. The other team is desperate for this player at #2 and give up more then Buffalo did for the spot.

Highly unlikely and I would say the the rumor has a 150% chance of not coming true