DT Amobi Okoye won't be available at 12

He is a far too tantalizing prospect to last to pick # 12. The kid is 19 and weighed in at 287 for senior bowl a month later at the combine he has already added 15 pounds and weighs in at 302 lbs while still running a very respectable 40 time (5.02). The guy has an incredible work ethic - - he came to the US from Nigeria at age 12 by the time he was 16 he was playing for Louisville. He graduated in december with a 3.0 grade average. The age is what impresses me the most and the fact that he probably still hasen't completly grown into his body. I really hope the Bill's take him at 12 but as I compare him and Branch Im starting to believe that Okoye is the #1 prospect at DT and won't be available with the 12th pick.

I think he is Washington's number one pick. I'm hoping Branch or Willis might slip down to us. Another possible approach would be to trade up to get Okoye or Branch, or possibly even Peterson.

my guess is Branch is the one to fall.

Unfortuantely he will be the next Ryan Sims.

Hopefully, it's not in a Bills uniform.

Maybe some other desparate team will want to trade up for him

He is a far too tantalizing prospect to last to pick # 12. The kid is 19 and weighed in at 287 for senior bowl a month later at the combine he has already added 15 pounds and weighs in at 302 lbs while still running a very respectable 40 time (5.02). The guy has an incredible work ethic - - he came to the US from Nigeria at age 12 by the time he was 16 he was playing for Louisville. He graduated in december with a 3.0 grade average. The age is what impresses me the most and the fact that he probably still hasen't completly grown into his body. I really hope the Bill's take him at 12 but as I compare him and Branch Im starting to believe that Okoye is the #1 prospect at DT and won't be available with the 12th pick.

I think you make great points. What do you think the Bills should do?

I think he is Washington's number one pick. I'm hoping Branch or Willis might slip down to us. Another possible approach would be to trade up to get Okoye or Branch, or possibly even Peterson.

The story on Branch is that he does not look like a Cover-2 lineman ... whatever that means. He projects as excellent NT in a 3-4.

I would be happy to sit at 12 and get Willis. I would even be happier if we could trade down and get Willis. Having four more day one picks would be great. We talk about needs at DT, LB, CB and RB but we could use help at TE, WR, and FB too. The Bills need to be true to their rankings and not draft solely on positional need.

We need a RB and LB before DT anyway.

I 100% disagree. We need some big men! I'd rather go with a RG before drafting a running back. Backs are a dime a dozen. I'm hoping one of those two DT's slips to 12. If not take a LB if it suits you at 12 or else trade down and get another 2nd.

I 100% disagree. We need some big men! I'd rather go with a RG before drafting a running back. Backs are a dime a dozen. I'm hoping one of those two DT's slips to 12. If not take a LB if it suits you at 12 or else trade down and get another 2nd.

I still don't get the whole fascination with taking a RB in the 1st round. Unless of course, Peterson drops which I just can 't see happening. Then I think it's a discussion. Thurman was a second round back. Henry was a second round back. Turner in Chicago was a 5th rounder. I just don't see us taking a RB at 12. I think the pick at 12 is gonna be a DT/LB/CB. You can't have too many DLs in our version of the Cover 2.

And yes, we need some beef in the middle. Enough of these small, fast DLs. Yeegads...

If okoye and branch are gone...

I'm beginning to think we trade down for Meacham at WR, go Justin Harrel in the second, Jonathan Wade the cornerback at third and some of the interesting linebackers (Durant and DeOssie) in the later rounds. Harrel is good and Tennessee does produce great defensive linemen..reggie white...john henderson...albert haynesworth..) risk is his injury suffered this year..but he may fill the bill....I like Meachem in the lower first round but Ginn, Kahlil or a number of others might be available there. We are in a position to fill lots of needs on draft day no matter how it turns out.

I still don't get the whole fascination with taking a RB in the 1st round. Unless of course, Peterson drops which I just can 't see happening. Then I think it's a discussion. Thurman was a second round back. Henry was a second round back. Turner in Chicago was a 5th rounder. I just don't see us taking a RB at 12. I think the pick at 12 is gonna be a DT/LB/CB. You can't have too many DLs in our version of the Cover 2.

And yes, we need some beef in the middle. Enough of these small, fast DLs. Yeegads...

I agree with your statement 100%. I hope Branch and/or Okoye slip to 12. It adds some excitement on draft day. If Washington doesn't draft one of them at 6, one of those guys will likely be there at 12.

I think I've made up my mind - I won't be happy with anyone other than Okoye or Willis with the #12 pick, with AD being a dark horse if he happens to still be there. One of these three should be there at #12, and therefore we shouldn't trade down and just grab our guy while he's there for the taking.

Just about every draft, the DT's go earlier and faster than expected. It is a critical position in the modern game and fiding a guy who is big and solid as a brick who can also shoot gaps and make plays in the backfield is extremely difficult.

Just about every draft, the DT's go earlier and faster than expected. It is a critical position in the modern game and fiding a guy who is big and solid as a brick who can also shoot gaps and make plays in the backfield is extremely difficult.

From today's Michigan pro-day:

[it begins with a glowing description of Lamarr Woodley.] Alan Branch did not fare as well. Just as we reported at the combine, Branch looked sluggish and out of shape during the position drills.

Perhaps Branch does drop to us?