draft restrictions

Could someone please explain to me exactly what are the limits for draft picks and draft money allotted? I know that there is a certain amount of money that each team is allotted for draft picks. Does anyone know what this amount is? Also, are there any restrictions on the number of picks that you are allowed to have? Or is it just based on the overall money amount and if you can sign 50 draft picks with that amount of money, all is good. I know on madden, you aren't allowed to have over 10 picks, but I understand that it may not be the case in real life. Someone please educate me.

Could someone please explain to me exactly what are the limits for draft picks and draft money allotted? I know that there is a certain amount of money that each team is allotted for draft picks. Does anyone know what this amount is? Also, are there any restrictions on the number of picks that you are allowed to have? Or is it just based on the overall money amount and if you can sign 50 draft picks with that amount of money, all is good. I know on madden, you aren't allowed to have over 10 picks, but I understand that it may not be the case in real life. Someone please educate me.

The pool each club has dedicated to sign its draft picks is an amount of the total salary cap which the teams cannot exceed. This amount is set jointly by and NFL/NFLPA committee just prior to the actual draft (and I believe adjusted for any last second trades so that teams either have more or fewer draftees to sign),

The the NFL is striking a balance between wanting to minimize the money set aside for draftees so that it can go to its current members. However, it is also in the interest of the current members to have significant salary allocations to rookies as this also raises the amount of value needed to sign current NFL vets and also lays in a growing base salary which means it will take enormous expenditures of salary in the future to give these players a raise.

There is no limit by rule of the number of draft choices a team may have.

The pool each club has dedicated to sign its draft picks is an amount of the total salary cap which the teams cannot exceed. This amount is set jointly by and NFL/NFLPA committee just prior to the actual draft (and I believe adjusted for any last second trades so that teams either have more or fewer draftees to sign),

The the NFL is striking a balance between wanting to minimize the money set aside for draftees so that it can go to its current members. However, it is also in the interest of the current members to have significant salary allocations to rookies as this also raises the amount of value needed to sign current NFL vets and also lays in a growing base salary which means it will take enormous expenditures of salary in the future to give these players a raise.

There is no limit by rule of the number of draft choices a team may have.

thanks pyrite.