VCU!!!!!!!!!!!!!&#

Congrats - I was on the JetBlue flight from Richmond to JFK which departed the gate shortly after the game started. We were delayed a bit on the tarmac due to traffic at JFK but took off just when the first half ended. Nearly everyone on board was watching en route and the plane erupted when the Rams pulled ahead with about 3 minutes left....good times.

Beautiful way for Dook to end the season:

Lose home finale vs. Maryland

Lose at hated rival Carolina (and have a player ejected)

1st-round exit in ACC Tourney vs. NC State

1st-round exit in NCAAs vs. <gasp> Virginia Commonwealth

A Tar Heel fan couldn't have asked for a better first day of the tourney, but we'll have our hands full with Michigan State tomorrow night.

I understand that people in different parts of the country don't know much about VCU - but the way they played last night is how they played all season (including the conference tourney championship vs. last year's cinderella story - George Mason).

I also realize that Duke was down this year, but I guarantee that VCU will give any team more than they want in this tournament.

I understand that people in different parts of the country don't know much about VCU - but the way they played last night is how they played all season (including the conference tourney championship vs. last year's cinderella story - George Mason).

I also realize that Duke was down this year, but I guarantee that VCU will give any team more than they want in this tournament.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not disrespecting VCU and I picked them to upset Dook in every bracket I picked. I knew they had strong guard play and that's what creates havoc in these tournaments.

That said -- Dook really sucks this year. They were swept by their two biggest rivals (Maryland and UNC) and sustained two separate four-game losing streaks. I'm just enjoying it while it lasts.

And for everyone who says Dook didn't have as much talent this year, chew on this morsel -- they have just as many McD All-Americans on their roster as the Tar Heels.

Beautiful way for Dook to end the season:

Lose home finale vs. Maryland

Lose at hated rival Carolina (and have a player ejected)

1st-round exit in ACC Tourney vs. NC State

A Tar Heel fan couldn't have asked for a better first day of the tourney, but we'll have our hands full with Michigan State tomorrow night.

Duke will be back next year. Not a bad season - for a very young team. VCU played a great game.

MD loses next round vs. Butler

Tarheels get bounced by G-town - maybe Michigan State.

Player ejected - hansborough = Pansy. I thought he was going to cry. :-)

Don't get me wrong...I'm not disrespecting VCU and I picked them to upset Dook in every bracket I picked. I knew they had strong guard play and that's what creates havoc in these tournaments.

That said -- Dook really sucks this year. They were swept by their two biggest rivals (Maryland and UNC) and sustained two separate four-game losing streaks. I'm just enjoying it while it lasts.

And for everyone who says Dook didn't have as much talent this year, chew on this morsel -- they have just as many McD All-Americans on their roster as the Tar Heels.

Very young team. Watch some basketball.

True, but they don't have the one thing Coach K has been able to rely on over the years: good perimeter shooting.

As a Tar Heels fan, this is beautiful to watch, but I also realize that Duke is just a few pieces away from being elite again. Give it a year or two, and they'll be just fine.

Until then......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

This really f's up my bracket.

ARGHHHH!

NOOOOO!! I had Duke winning the next round.

Thank you VCU, I picked them in my bracket to beat the Dukies.

WOOHOO!!!

Evidence that gambling is THE way to go in the USA if you want to take your sport over the hump and make it very popular.

Great win for Va Commonwealth! :D

True, but they don't have the one thing Coach K has been able to rely on over the years: good perimeter shooting.

As a Tar Heels fan, this is beautiful to watch, but I also realize that Duke is just a few pieces away from being elite again. Give it a year or two, and they'll be just fine.

Until then......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

That's my point, man...I'm really enjoying this season b/c I know it's only a matter of time. They had their fun at our expense during "The Doherty Era" and it's payback time.

Nice comment, dick. The Heels start three freshmen, a soph, and a senior. Who's young again?

Youth is no longer an excuse in I-A basketball.

Youth can have an impact to say that it doesn't is foolish. How's Hansbrough's nose? :nana: