My own mock draft- I did this myself, and nobody helped me!!

Adam

Buster Davis has played multiple LB positions, and is very intelligent, I think he could handle it, instead of having Crowell play out of position, and learn a new position

MLB and calling signals is not a new position for Crowell at all since he was trained in college as am MLB and in his first two years as a Bills was second on the depth chart at MLB.

Playing MLB as a rookie would be a new experience for Davis as it is a very different thing being a college player and being an NFL vet and all the players say this. In addition, the Cover 2 offers particular challenges for any player because it demands you both tackle like a demon on the LOS on run plays and also that you cover fleet receivers running post patterns.

Its good to hear that Davis has played well at other LB positions (as it was very good to hear that Willis has played a lot of SLB) as it strikes me as far more disruptive to require a rookie to start as the MLB in our Cover 2 than to have Crowell return to his natural position and call signals for us,

My go at it

First Round: DT: Okoye or Branch (or trade down and take willis) --Need to get tougher up the middle

2nd Round: RB Michael Bush Louisville--might not be there in the third--huge upside

3rd Round: ILB Jon Abbate Wake Forrest--Tough ILB, great instincts

3rd Round: CB Josh Wilson Maryland--arguably the best corner in college last year, great kick returner too--lacks ideal size.

4rd Round: OG Manual Ramirez (Buffalo's own ManRam) Texas Tech--A 335 pound Mauler

6th Round: QB Jeff Rowe - Nevada QB was impressive at the combine; need someone else to throw passes in camp

7th Round: WR Matt Trannon- Word will get out on this guy; may be gone by noew

7th Round: OT Mike Otto - smart kid at Purdue started a school-record 50 consecutive contests.

I am not sold on Okoye or Branch. Abbate would be a great pick. I like him a lot- either him or Buster Davis.

If Otto made the team, we could give him the name Evil Otto, and really go berzerk!! lol

MLB and calling signals is not a new position for Crowell at all since he was trained in college as am MLB and in his first two years as a Bills was second on the depth chart at MLB.

Playing MLB as a rookie would be a new experience for Davis as it is a very different thing being a college player and being an NFL vet and all the players say this. In addition, the Cover 2 offers particular challenges for any player because it demands you both tackle like a demon on the LOS on run plays and also that you cover fleet receivers running post patterns.

Its good to hear that Davis has played well at other LB positions (as it was very good to hear that Willis has played a lot of SLB) as it strikes me as far more disruptive to require a rookie to start as the MLB in our Cover 2 than to have Crowell return to his natural position and call signals for us,

Thanks, PG, I had forgotten that. That gives me a little comfort (although not much) re: losing London.

Actually Crowell played OLB at Virgina.

He has backed up at MLB in practice but has not played MLB in real games.

Willis actually has much more experience in actually playing MLB in game situations than Crowell.

I say again that folks are really underestimating what our MLB is required to do in the Hybrid Cover 2 we run to really expect a rookie (any rookie including Willis) to take over the starting job at MLB right out of the draft.

On paper, the MLB is required to both tackle like a DT on running plays and cover like a safety on passing plays as the MLB has deep middle coverage responsibility in our Cover 2. Opposing OCs will simply be salivating at the chance to face a rookie MLB in our Cover 2 since all they need to do is show pass and then run to get the player to hold in place or even better take a step backwards and the running play has a shot at getting first down yardage up the middle or even worse, if they show run by sending the blocking up the middle or running play action, all the rookie needs to do is get fooled into stepping in and a fleet-footed WR get to run free on a post pattern with our MLB struggling to catch up.

Did the Cover 2 the way we ran it tend toward MLB pass coverage? You bet as F-B not only led all LBs in the NFL in INTs but his four outpaced CBs Clements who had three and McGee who had none.

If we go to the draft for LB help (a likelihood now that most FAs are gone) then it seems far more likely and far more intelligent football for us to pick an OLB and sh-- Crowell over to MLB. In addition to getting better production out of LB than F-B produced we also will have t replace his playcalling and I do not see a rookie doing that unless we do a crash course with a very bright MLB and still this rookie will simply not be a vet able to shift his team around to meet whatever the O is trying to do. Crowell has called signals before and knows this D so drafting an OLB makes far more football sense to me,

So maybe it takes Willis a year to really get comfortable at MLB in our defense. He is an excellent talent, he has a good head and great attitude, he certainly is not a reach at 12, and he is known as a "character" guy.

I dont know....

Nothing against the folks that are showing us their mock drafts (and thanks for putting forth the effort)

But every time I see one I think "we could trade down and still get this guy"

I really am starting to think that trading down providing we can find a partner is the right thing to do.....if we cannot find one we should just draft either Willis or Lynch.

I say again that folks are really underestimating what our MLB is required to do in the Hybrid Cover 2 we run to really expect a rookie (any rookie including Willis) to take over the starting job at MLB right out of the draft.

On paper, the MLB is required to both tackle like a DT on running plays and cover like a safety on passing plays as the MLB has deep middle coverage responsibility in our Cover 2. Opposing OCs will simply be salivating at the chance to face a rookie MLB in our Cover 2 since all they need to do is show pass and then run to get the player to hold in place or even better take a step backwards and the running play has a shot at getting first down yardage up the middle or even worse, if they show run by sending the blocking up the middle or running play action, all the rookie needs to do is get fooled into stepping in and a fleet-footed WR get to run free on a post pattern with our MLB struggling to catch up.

Did the Cover 2 the way we ran it tend toward MLB pass coverage? You bet as F-B not only led all LBs in the NFL in INTs but his four outpaced CBs Clements who had three and McGee who had none.

If we go to the draft for LB help (a likelihood now that most FAs are gone) then it seems far more likely and far more intelligent football for us to pick an OLB and sh-- Crowell over to MLB. In addition to getting better production out of LB than F-B produced we also will have t replace his playcalling and I do not see a rookie doing that unless we do a crash course with a very bright MLB and still this rookie will simply not be a vet able to shift his team around to meet whatever the O is trying to do. Crowell has called signals before and knows this D so drafting an OLB makes far more football sense to me,

When have you brought up this MLB issue before?

1. Aaron Sears, OG, Tennessee.............A practical pick, makes a good line even more of a clear strength

2. Buster Davis, MLB, Florida State..........Could start immediately- very smart player

3a. Michael Bush, RB, Louisville...........Should go much higher, but missed most of season

3b. Tony Taylor, OLB, Georgia..............Another smart LB, position we need more depth

4. Julius Wilson, OT, Alabama-Birmingham...............Developmental, but very talented

5. Paul Soliai, DT, Utah..................developmental, but I hate this year's crop of DT

6. Matt Toaina, DT, Oregon.............one of our "High motor, high character" guys....a bull as far as power, good burst

7. Germaine Race, RB, Pitsburg State (Division II).............Very talented, if he slips we have to take him

I'd also keep an eye on David Ball, the record setting WR from New

Hampshire- he'd fit in our offense very well

I appreciate your efforts...and we all have our own opinions....... bur Sears at 12??

Unfortunately for you, that shows that you are misinformed in this area. Sorry. I really want to be nice.