If you ever thought your kid was a PITA

/dev/null

Just a stab in the dark... It was your Dr. Spock reference... Dr. Spock is AD's favorite whipping boy/boogy man...

Don't you know? Dr. Spock is where it all went wrong!... After him, it all came crashing down!

:lol:

Actually, Jimmy from CT first brought up Dr. Spock. While mentioning the baby momma Doc in one of my later posts, I neither attacked nor defended Benjy-boy.

I did, however, refer to MISTER Spock. I see how that might ruffle some feathers.

:(

Actually, Jimmy from CT first brought up Dr. Spock. While mentioning the baby momma Doc in one of my later posts, I neither attacked nor defended Benjy-boy.

I did, however, refer to MISTER Spock. I see how that might ruffle some feathers.

:lol:

:unsure:

Oops my bad! I do like the subtle reference to UConn's stalker (the Jimmy from CT reference above) though!... ;)

UConn I guess was the intial magnet.. You probably put AD "over the top" with:

The suggestion that this kid turned out the was he turned out because he wasn't spanked was too ludicrous to leave alone. I'd be wiling to bet SERIOUSLY bad criminals are FAR more likely to be children of abuse than they are children of Dr. Spock devotees. (Now, children of Mr. Spock devotees have their own set of issues.)

:(:P

:P

Oops my bad! I do like the subtle reference to UConn's stalker (the Jimmy from CT reference above) though!... :unsure:

UConn I guess was the intial magnet.. You probably put AD "over the top" with:

The suggestion that this kid turned out the was he turned out because he wasn't spanked was too ludicrous to leave alone. I'd be wiling to bet SERIOUSLY bad criminals are FAR more likely to be children of abuse than they are children of Dr. Spock devotees. (Now, children of Mr. Spock devotees have their own set of issues.)

:lol::(

Ahh, I see...kinda. I think AD misunderstood what I was saying, or perhaps, needs a little adjustment with the meds. Happens to all of us.

I'm going on my fourth decade in the parenting game and in the teaching game (albeit with folks a little older than the subject) and am just starting the grandpa game and my observation is that some of the people who were wonderful parents had terrible kids, some of the terrible parents had wonderful kids and vice versa. I gotta say you take the little baby god gives you..do the best you can...and cross your fingers. I thank god every day my kids turned out as they did (given that they caused a gray hair a time or two) but I'm not taking credit for the good or blame for the bad.

Babyrock's favorite musical!

I have spanked (lightly) but never beat my kids. They are now between the ages of 20 and 30 and are four fine adults and friends, and still my children.

Everyone should be so lucky and so blessed!

When I was a kid, I was never beaten, but when I was spanked I ASKED for it.

There was never any doubt in my mind.

You know, the idea of smacking your child to knock some sense into him always made sense to me until I had my own child. Now I see it for what it is; lazy parenting. Are there times I'd like to smack my son? Sure. There are also times I'd like to smack my wife, my employees, my customers and half the people on the highway. But it just doesn't have an upside. If you have to hit to discipline today, that's just lazy to me.

Written in '61, but just as true today. The only difference is today we know more about how to raise a child. It's not a perfect science, but there's no room for laziness.

Dear kindly Sergeant Krupke,

You gotta understand,

It's just our bringin' up-ke

That gets us out of hand.

Our mothers all are junkies,

Our fathers all are drunks.

Golly Moses, natcherly we're punks!

My father is a bastard,

My ma's an S.O.B.

My grandpa's always plastered,

My grandma pushes tea.

My sister wears a mustache,

My brother wears a dress.

Goodness gracious, that's why I'm a mess!