Slugs fall to Penguins in OT Shootout

/dev/null

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller has been pretty lousy lately. Probably doesn't help that Lindy pretty much never wants to rest him.

I'm not going to hit the panic button, but I am going to dust it off and clear some room for when we do hit it.

Is it just me are the Sabres not playing good hockey lately.

It's just you, you're not playing good hockey at all. :devil:

Honestly, they've been slumping a bit again. Probably the injury bug catching up with them, but we'll see.

Long season + injuries = slump.

At least, it's in March. Plenty of time to right the ship.

P.S. Is miller ever gonna get a night off? He seems to play with a lot of emotion, so a little mental break might not be a bad thing IMO.

P.P.S. I know it's the popular thing to hate Crosby, but he is freaking unbelievable. The thing that really impressive me is his strength. Pittsburgh will have a similar turnaround like Buffalo has.

P.S. Is miller ever gonna get a night off? He seems to play with a lot of emotion, so a little mental break might not be a bad thing IMO.

EXACTLY. Give the guy a break. And I'm talking like TEN days. We're still 8 points ahead of the Sens. I wouldn't be too upset going into the playoffs the #2 seed to NJ, if Miller could get a long break before then.

Long season + injuries = slump.

At least, it's in March. Plenty of time to right the ship.

I remember coming here last March, when the Sabres, IIRC lost something like 8 straight games, dropped in the standings, and Miller looked like dog crap. Lindy, it seemed, was going to let Miller just work through his slump, until he got a second wind. As much as I agree with you, I am going to defer to Lindy on this one. When Miller is good, he is very good, but he is no Hasek. Remember how little Hasek was given a rest? Lindy just seems to have the old school mentality that your #1 guy is your #1 guy most every night, good or bad.

Miller rebounded nicely last year, and was great in the playoffs, which is all that really matters at this point.

I am no expert, but does it seem to anyone else, when Miller is playing bad, he tends to drop to his knees too quickly? A fair number of the bad goal he gives up, are of the variety where he is down on his knees, looking downward, as the puck sails over his shoulders or head...maybe he is getting screened too often by his defensemen?

Also, the two he gave up in the shootout had disaster written all over them, the second the shooter started skating. On both, as is Millers' custom, he started way out of the net, as if to challange the shooter, but committed too far to either side on each goal.

Great game to watch, despite the loss. Briere's goal was a thing of beauty. Gotta be happy to see guys like Hecht (with the amazing pass on DB's goal) and Roy regaining their form. Hecht gets my vote as most improved player in the second half of the season.

It sounds like Spacek and possibly Max will be back in the next week or so...the only way is up! The Sabres have a bunch of road games to end the season out, against a bunch of eastern conference team, scrapping for playoff spots. They also have one more chance, at home, to get it right against the Devils...hang on to your hats!

Pens were fired up tonight following news of deal to keep the team in Schittsburgh. Sabres battled back from 4-2 late in the third and tied it w/ 6.2 seconds left.

Great point, and much needed after losing three home games last week. I'll take it.

Pens were fired up tonight following news of deal to keep the team in Schittsburgh. Sabres battled back from 4-2 late in the third and tied it w/ 6.2 seconds left.

Great point, and much needed after losing three home games last week. I'll take it.

Yup, I agree. The Pens had three separate opportunities to make it 5 - 3 with an empty netter. The Sabres should say thank you to Penguins for nailing the post, the side of the net, and Chris Drury's stick on the empty net opportunities and then playing really sloppy defense with three Sabres in front of their net and three more behind their net, take the point, and get out of dodge.

Is it just me are the Sabres not playing good hockey lately.

No, not just you. They were out hustled. A number of times they were tentative going after the puck. Other teams have adapted to their offense and the Sabres havent figured that out. I hope it's just the call-ups being outplayed.

No, not just you. They were out hustled. A number of times they were tentative going after the puck. Other teams have adapted to their offense and the Sabres havent figured that out. I hope it's just the call-ups being outplayed.

Who was out hustled with 6.2 seconds left? :worthy::nana:

The Slugs proved that when they want to play they can win!

Factor in two flukey goals... the first by the Pens Talbot (damn omen because he was born on my birthday in 1984... What a bastard!)... And the PPG that deflected off Lydman while he was reaching for his glove...

0:)

Yup, I agree. The Pens had three separate opportunities to make it 5 - 3 with an empty netter. The Sabres should say thank you to Penguins for nailing the post, the side of the net, and Chris Drury's stick on the empty net opportunities and then playing really sloppy defense with three Sabres in front of their net and three more behind their net, take the point, and get out of dodge.

Ahhh... That is all Karma and balance... Talbot's goal should have NEVER went in... Boinking off Macarthur and then boinking of Miller!

They turned it on when they needed to and tied with 6.2 left...

What goes around comes around... Exciting game! The way it should be played and THE WAY THE NHL WANTS IT TO BE PLAYED... Right from dork Bettman's mouth (interview)!

Not the BORING New Jersey way that attracts 10 people per game and puts them to sleep faster than you can say the word "soccer." 0:)

Why are the damn emoticons turned off?

I will have to revert to the old days... Your post is very funny!

:-) :-) :-)

Whew, I thought it was just me that wasnt getting the emoticons.