Michael Turner

jonnyb

I'd think he'd mean pre 2004 wouldn't you? McGahee, (Bledsoe), Williams, Clements, Flowers, Winfield, (RJ), Smith.

I don't advocate using this as a reason to get Turner(silly idea if you ask me), but compare 1997-2003 to most teams & you'll see one of the true reasons why we have languished as a team for so long.

Compare to Colts.....Clark, Freeney, Wayne, Morris, Edge, Manning, Glenn.

You could be right...I guess I interpreted it differently. He said "past couple of years" so I was going back 5-6 tops. Also, I felt that his main point was that we have had little success when we use our 1st rounders on draft picks (as opposed to trading...hence advocating Michael Turner) so I didn't include Bledsoe.

Lastly, yeah I think Polian and few other GMs have kicked our ass, but I would match our record with most clubs. :devil:

.......but I would match our record with most clubs. :devil:

On second thoughts(& a quick look) you're probably right.....not that we've drafted better than most(we certainly haven't) but most seem to be within the same range of hit/miss to us. It's only the teams that consistently hit that have been able to perform consistently above the average.....& the average is a LOT of teams.

Obviously I am still looking pre 2004.....post 2004 we have been exceedingly above average(fingers crossed those young players....JPL, Evans, Whitner keep on improving). Another 'hit' in the 1st round this year & it bodes very well for the future of the Bills.......or am I just being a wide-eyed optimist? :ph34r: