Aug. 30th Can't Come Soon Enough...

MichFan

Looking at the list of topics since this board was reset, and reading posts from the new alter egos that have entered the fray here, all I can say is August 30th can't come soon enough. Finally there will be true politics to talk about again.

I can't believe how poorly the Dems have handled the campaign post-convention. They've allowed August to be about the Swift Boat Veterans (with only a brief respite when Kerry said he'd still support the war in Iraq :rolleyes: ). They knew it was coming and did little to detract from it. I've heard very little of substance following up on Kerry's speech at the convention (which itself provided very little of substance). Instead of using the convention to build momentum, the Dems have sat on the limited bump they got. I live in a battleground state (OH), yet I've seen no details about Kerry's policies coming out of the convention. This week is probably going to be dedicated to whether Bush has ties with the Swift Boat Veterans, whether he will ask them to pull their adds, the Dems continuing with legal actions to try and stop all of this, etc...

Indications are that the Republican convention is going to be focused on their agenda for the next four years. I hope this is the case. It much more interesting around here when we have issues to debate rather than he-said/she-said about candidates.

Archived