Congratulations to the People of Pittsburgh

Peter

I am glad that the Penguins are staying in Pittsburgh. I alway have found that people from Pittsburgh are similar to people from Buffalo. I am glad that they are going to get to keep their team. They are good people and have a very good young team in the Penguins.

Having said that, GO SABRES. I hope we get back on track tonight.

Good for Pittsburgh...this team will be a legitimate Cup contender as early as next year (even though they're #5 in the East right now, I think they are too young this season).

The Kansas City Penguins didn't sound right anyway.

Good for Pittsburgh...this team will be a legitimate Cup contender as early as next year (even though they're #5 in the East right now, I think they are too young this season).

The Kansas City Penguins didn't sound right anyway.

I was thinking the Las Vegas Penguins.

You know, where he blows a seal ....

The Penguins have had great fortune: two Stanley Cup Championships, Lemieux, Jagr and now Crosby, Malkin etc. It would have been a shame to see them lose their team. Although most Pittsburgh sports fans that I have met can only relate to the Steelers it is great for the city to still have their team.

Some may find this hard to believe but the Penguins are good enough to win it all this year.

The Penguins have had great fortune: two Stanley Cup Championships, Lemieux, Jagr and now Crosby, Malkin etc. It would have been a shame to see them lose their team. Although most Pittsburgh sports fans that I have met can only relate to the Steelers it is great for the city to still have their team.

Some may find this hard to believe but the Penguins are good enough to win it all this year.

And all that without having a monopoly on a nationality of players.

how could you not be a crosby fan? crosby is the best overall player in the league and the crazy thing is he's only 19 and he's going to shatter what ever wayne gretzky did.

I respect his talents however, don't you think it's a little early in his career to say he's going to shatter Gretzky's records ect.. Injuries do happen.

how could you not be a crosby fan? crosby is the best overall player in the league and the crazy thing is he's only 19 and he's going to shatter what ever wayne gretzky did.

what ever=whatever

5 and counting. Somewhere, you have a post with no errors. And I'm ignoring the capital/period problem.

As much as I like Crosby I personally don't think he is the best overall player in the league. Joe Thorton would be that guy. No one can take over a game and own a team in their end like he can. Outstanding player. I think the biggest edge he has over Crosby and the league is his size. Impossible to move off the puck. Also, he refuses to give up the puck until he makes a positive play with it. Problem is he is playing out here on the west coast away from the hockey centers of the world. If he was on the Leafs he would be getting the press and hype that Sid enjoys. jmho

As much as I like Crosby I personally don't think he is the best overall player in the league. Joe Thorton would be that guy. No one can take over a game and own a team in their end like he can. Outstanding player. I think the biggest edge he has over Crosby and the league is his size. Impossible to move off the puck. Also, he refuses to give up the puck until he makes a positive play with it. Problem is he is playing out here on the west coast away from the hockey centers of the world. If he was on the Leafs he would be getting the press and hype that Sid enjoys. jmho

Thorton is really awesome. i couldn't believe the Bruins traded him to the Sharks. I wish I would have gone to a game or two when I lived in SF. I'm not really qualified to get into a hockey argument, but I'm not sure there is a clear-cut #1 player right now. There are several outstanding players in the NHL.

Thorton is really awesome. i couldn't believe the Bruins traded him to the Sharks. I wish I would have gone to a game or two when I lived in SF. I'm not really qualified to get into a hockey argument, but I'm not sure there is a clear-cut #1 player right now. There are several outstanding players in the NHL.

The Tank is a treat to go watch hockey. Especially the lower level where the nice bars and buffet are. It really is a nice night out albeit an expensive one and when Joe and the Sharks are rolling they can be a joy to watch. Much like the Sabres.

The Tank is a treat to go watch hockey. Especially the lower level where the nice bars and buffet are. It really is a nice night out albeit an expensive one and when Joe and the Sharks are rolling they can be a joy to watch. Much like the Sabres.

I hope they meet in the finals.

I went to a game at the tank once or twice before Joe T came to the Sharks. Great place! (And, yes, quite expensive. A Sabres' game seems to cost much less, but what doesn't in Buffalo.)

Not so fast! For starters 92 goals will be tough to match! He is a great player and fun to watch. To think anybody could have had him makes me ponder what if the Sabres had got him!

A few other players to look for are Patrick Kane (from South Buffalo, London - OHL leading scorer) John Tavares (Oshawa - OHL, second leading scorer with 71 goals) and Angelo Esposito (Quebec - QMJHL).

I am glad that the Penguins are staying in Pittsburgh. I alway have found that people from Pittsburgh are similar to people from Buffalo. I am glad that they are going to get to keep their team. They are good people and have a very good young team in the Penguins.

Having said that, GO SABRES. I hope we get back on track tonight.

I fondly recall the 2nd year the Pens had Lemieux. They required multiple ticket purchases if you wanted to see Mario L. vs. any top team (maybe that was the onset of such tactics).

Fans who supported the moribund club for years - season ticket holders who belonged to the so-called "Igloo Club" were informed that their season seats, sitting next to their friends - could no longer be assured.

Go Pens.