A simpler offense you say?

bobinaz

MM came here with Clements preaching a more controlled, smash-mouth offensive game plan for this team. They were going to simplify the offense and put it into lamen's terms for the players. Well so far it this offensive scheme sucks. Sorry, but look at the Steelers. Their offense has taken off and winning games. I don't remember reading any boo-hoo letters when MM and TC left them to come here. Maybe TC is in over his head. Another Mike Shephard?

The game plan is too predictable; defenses are standing up the players at the line of scrimmage. Every offensive formation looks the same; same movement, same set up. Who are they fooling? Defenses haven't really had to worry about a deep play to speak of. Sorry, but 4-5 long passes from DB in 4 games doesn't cut it. The WR's go out for the short routes and there is a defender draped all over him. The running game is going no where, the penalties are killing the team on 3rd down. How much more terrible can this team play. The O-line can't hold it's blocks long enough for DB to get back and set. I watch other teams and it's amazing how much time their QB has to set in the pocket.

The defense needs LM back soon. First it's CW and now PP that's killing the team in the secondary. The defense bent and broke in the Jets game.

TD built this mess. MM needs to fix it fast. It's way too late to do some ass reaming on the side line in the 4th qtr when your team has had to punt for 7 straight possessions. As for the Miami game, it will be interesting to see who is the hungriest for a win. It will be another close one, but I have my doubts the Bills will win.

My prediction: Bills season record will be 4-12.

Prepare for 2005 season: Let Evans, WM, and JP play as much as possible for the rest of the season. Start looking for talent on the O-line in FA and bring in a decent safety.

I echo RW's comments after the Jets loss. This team does have talent, but no heart. Right now they're all over paid mercenaries. :ph34r: