Chris Brown Signing?

Last night, I remember seeing a post that said TN was reporting Chris Brown had signed with the Bills for some $40 million, but I can't find the blog or anything else online. Was it a hoax?

Hoax...poster changed the thread name to never mind....

If you believed it, then you deserved to be fooled.

Other than the reported conract numbers being way too large, the post seemed pretty plausible at first glance. the poster had listed in his profile that he lived in Nashville, and such news very well break in the signee's old team' hometown.

If Brown does sign here -- given the signing of A-Train today -- I think that the RB position no longer has to be viewed as a glaring need for 2007. Yes, I know that both Brown and Thomas are short-term band-aids. However, I believe that we can address the RB position maybe even on Day 2 of the draft, rather than being desperate to draft someone in the 1st round. Interestingly enough, I believe that the same principle applies to Cleveland if he signs there. Thus, I think you could forget about the Browns taking Peterson in that situation.

If Brown does sign here -- given the signing of A-Train today -- I think that the RB position no longer has to be viewed as a glaring need for 2007. Yes, I know that both Brown and Thomas are short-term band-aids. However, I believe that we can address the RB position maybe even on Day 2 of the draft, rather than being desperate to draft someone in the 1st round. Interestingly enough, I believe that the same principle applies to Cleveland if he signs there. Thus, I think you could forget about the Browns taking Peterson in that situation.

Good point, even though I would not be completely happy with the RBs. Don't get me wrong, I like the A-Train re-signing...I'm just not sold on CB. If he signs with the Browns, Peterson could fall (I know this has been beaten to death, but I want to grab a stick too!!). It would put the Bills in a great position no matter what they choose to do (trade down, pick Peterson, or pick someone else).