Lions still looking to deal Tatum Bell?

Not much activity till draft time, just throwing thoughts around........ If we could snag Bell for a decent price, would you pair him with someone like Micheal Bush? I know Jauron wants to go to a two back system, I'm just wondering if he wants two very different backs, or guys who have similar skills. I notice many here believe we are looking for a Thurman or Faulk type back, I don't know. Our line is big and I could see us going in a few different directions, but a power back is not out of the question if you ask me............

Not much activity till draft time, just throwing thoughts around........ If we could snag Bell for a decent price, would you pair him with someone like Micheal Bush? I know Jauron wants to go to a two back system, I'm just wondering if he wants two very different backs, or guys who have similar skills. I notice many here believe we are looking for a Thurman or Faulk type back, I don't know. Our line is big and I could see us going in a few different directions, but a power back is not out of the question if you ask me............

When was the last time the Bills actually had a 'power back'? None of the recent FBs qualify. Wouldn't mind having a guy we could trust to be a short-yardage finisher on the roster...

kenneth davis

Davis and Thurman both had the attitude, but neither one went over 210 pounds. By 'power' back, I'm thinking the big bruiser - Bettis, Brandon Jacobs, the guy that's too friggin' big to keep out of the endzone on third-and-goal from the one. I'm not sure we've had one of them since Kinnebrew.

Davis and Thurman both had the attitude, but neither one went over 210 pounds. By 'power' back, I'm thinking the big bruiser - Bettis, Brandon Jacobs, the guy that's too friggin' big to keep out of the endzone on third-and-goal from the one. I'm not sure we've had one of them since Kinnebrew.

That's why I wished we had inked TJ Duckett. He's that guy.

Beat me to it. I was going to say Kinnebrew also.

If we could deal our 6th round pick to detroit, or next years 4th rounder, something like that, I think picking up tatum bell could be good. The guy is not and likely will not ever be an every down back. He excels as a change of pace guy.

I also know for a fact that the coaching staff likes the way he runs because I had the opportunity to talk some of the people who evaluate RB talent for the Bills and they essentially told me so, they also said that last year watching tape for that draft, that Jerious Norwood reminded them exactly of tatum bell.

Now you're talking, Lori! I's love to see another Kinnebrew in the backfield.

look at my post from over a month ago (willis for bell)--before the mcgahe rumors started I proposed to marv, willis for bell and swapping of picks (they have an extra third rounder for ashlie leslie deal)...seemed like a logical deal then sign A thomas and add a rookie back with the extra third round pick or sign someone in free agency (buckhalter)..bell is perfect complimentary back...i hope they still try to get him

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...is+for+bell+now

know Jauron wants to go to a two back system

How do you "know" that? You mean you "guess" that. Last I checked there are no FBs on the Bills roster.

With the recent OL signings, there "may/might" be a consensus among the offensive coaches that they've solidified that position significanlty and no loger see a need to keep a back or TE in to assit in pass protection. So, going double TE (H-back) or diversifying and going 3 wide may be their answer. They used a lot of Cieslak at FB (h-back)and TE last season and there doesn't seem to be any panic or hurry to add a FB to their roster. Plus, there is a strong sentiment that the Bills will draft a WR on day one. If that's the case, the Bills are still paying Evans, Reed, Price, and Parrish. If they draft another WR, it would seem to me they have intentions of running single back, 3 wide formations.

Rhodes and Addai, Bettis and Parker, Dillon and Maroney, Barber and Jacobs, Jones and Benson, just a few combos there. That kind of 2 back system, and yeah, Jauron said it personally in the most recent "state of whatever you wanna call it" press conference. I don't even think we are gonna carry a FB this year. Single back with 3 and 4 wides, double TE's looks like what we are gonna go with. I have been screaming for a good young fullback but it looks like it ain't in the plans. Please, don't even mention Brian Leonard, if you do, go look in the mirror and slap yourself as hard as possible. The only team I see him having any sort of fit would be Washington who already has Chris Cooley in the H-Back role. :flirt: I hate great white hopes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhodes and Addai, Bettis and Parker, Dillon and Maroney, Barber and Jacobs, Jones and Benson, just a few combos there. That kind of 2 back system, and yeah, Jauron said it personally in the most recent "state of whatever you wanna call it" press conference. I don't even think we are gonna carry a FB this year. Single back with 3 and 4 wides, double TE's looks like what we are gonna go with. I have been screaming for a good young fullback but it looks like it ain't in the plans. Please, don't even mention Brian Leonard, if you do, go look in the mirror and slap yourself as hard as possible. The only team I see him having any sort of fit would be Washington who already has Chris Cooley in the H-Back role. :flirt: I hate great white hopes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont forget Jones-Drew/Taylor in for Jax, Barber III/Jones for Dallas, whatever the hell that Jets RB thing was last year, Dunn/Norwood for ATL, McAllister/Bush. The trend is definately to have a 2 back system in place, which is a great idea for so many reasons that I will not even get into.

As for great white hopes, anyone recall Luke Staley? That being said, I think that Leonard is a different breed entirely. I love him as a prospect but even I will admit that his tweener factor is as scary-high as Ricky Williams on april 20th.