Man-Made Global Warming (Climate Change) is Bunk

Hey Niagara, ummmm....I don't know if man is causing global warming or not, but that it is happening means something will have to be done to deal with the effects. Hopefully they will not be that bad, but we should have some plans in case they are. Of course poorer nations will be hit the hardest. What will that mean? Migrations, increased terrorism, radical political movements, revolutions? Could be. People do not sit idly by and let starvation kill them. I hope the UN is wrong on this:

The report included these likely results of global warming:

_Hundreds of millions of Africans and tens of millions of Latin Americans who now have water will be short of it in less than 20 years. By 2050, more than 1 billion people in Asia could face water shortages. By 2080, water shortages could threaten 1.1 billion to 3.2 billion people, depending on the level of greenhouse gases that cars and industry spew into the air.

_Death rates for the world's poor from global warming-related illnesses, such as malnutrition and diarrhea, will rise by 2030. Malaria and dengue fever, as well as illnesses from eating contaminated shellfish, are likely to grow.

_Europe's small glaciers will disappear with many of the continent's large glaciers shrinking dramatically by 2050. And half of Europe's plant species could be vulnerable, endangered or extinct by 2100.

_By 2080, between 200 million and 600 million people could be hungry because of global warming's effects.

_About 100 million people each year could be flooded by 2080 by rising seas.

_Smog in U.S. cities will worsen and "ozone-related deaths from climate (will) increase by approximately 4.5 percent for the mid-2050s, compared with 1990s levels," turning a small health risk into a substantial one.

_Polar bears in the wild and other animals will be pushed to extinction.

_At first, more food will be grown. For example, soybean and rice yields in Latin America will increase starting in a couple of years. Areas outside the tropics, especially the northern latitudes, will see longer growing seasons and healthier forests.

Looking at different impacts on ecosystems, industry and regions, the report sees the most positive benefits in forestry and some improved agriculture and transportation in polar regions. The biggest damage is likely to come in ocean and coastal ecosystems, water resources and coastal settlements.

The hardest-hit continents are likely to be Africa and Asia, with major harm also coming to small islands and some aspects of ecosystems near the poles. North America, Europe and Australia are predicted to suffer the fewest of the harmful effects.

"In most parts of the world and most segments of populations, lifestyles are likely to change as a result of climate change," the draft report said. "Net valuations of benefits vs. costs will vary, but they are more likely to be negative if climate change is substantial and rapid, rather than if it is moderate and gradual."

This report — considered by some scientists the "emotional heart" of climate change research — focuses on how global warming alters the planet and life here, as opposed to the more science-focused report by the same group last month.

"This is the story. This is the whole play. This is how it's going to affect people. The science is one thing. This is how it affects me, you and the person next door," said University of Victoria climate scientist Andrew Weaver.

Many — not all — of those effects can be prevented, the report says, if within a generation the world slows down its emissions of carbon dioxide and if the level of greenhouse gases sticking around in the atmosphere stabilizes. If that's the case, the report says "most major impacts on human welfare would be avoided; but some major impacts on ecosystems are likely to occur."

The United Nations-organized network of 2,000 scientists was established in 1988 to give regular assessments of the Earth's environment. The document issued last month in Paris concluded that scientists are 90 percent certain that people are the cause of global warming and that warming will continue for centuries.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070310/ap_on_sc/climate_report

Hey Niagara, ummmm....I don't know if man is causing global warming or not, ....... I hope the UN is wrong on this:

Man is not causing it. If it is happening at all, it is most likely due to the sun and cyclical climate patterns repeating themselves. The UN report is based on false science and is therefore bunk. It is political ideology bordering on religious orthodoxy. The idea is that all industrial activity must cease or the planet will somehow go haywire. Ask yourself WHY would a group of people want to shut down American industrial activity? THEN what?

I won't even address the ckicken little scenarios that you listed. The premise is false. Did you watch that video? It specifically adressed the UN Organization that produced the report.

Sounds like we totally !@#$ed the planet up and are all doomed.

I propose a different strategy however. Since we've already doomed our planet to destruction within a hundred years lets go on a century long global orgy of consumption and stop worrying about the consequences. Might as well enjoy the ride :blink:

Man is not causing it. If it is happening at all, it is most likely due to the sun and cyclical climate patterns repeating themselves. The UN report is based on false science and is therefore bunk. It is political ideology bordering on religious orthodoxy. The idea is that all industrial activity must cease or the planet will somehow go haywire. Ask yourself WHY would a group of people want to shut down American industrial activity? THEN what?

I won't even address the ckicken little scenarios that you listed. The premise is false. Did you watch that video? It specifically adressed the UN Organization that produced the report.

I didn't watch the video and I didn't watch Al Gore's either. I do believe Global Warming is happening, just not sure why. If it is the sun as the video, I assume, suggests then it is still happening, right? Even George Bush says its happening. So do the big insurance companies, and they are preparing for it. Man very well might be causing it, but I don't think we can stop it now. I don't want to shut down industry at all, I'm just saying that it will cause problems and it would best to be prepared to deal with them, but we won't, IMO. So what I'm getting at is that we need to adapt to a different situation, one that might cause widespread suffering in the third world and might cause 'blow back' to us. Just ignoring the problem would be a mistake

Sounds like we totally !@#$ed the planet up and are all doomed.

I propose a different strategy however. Since we've already doomed our planet to destruction within a hundred years lets go on a century long global orgy of consumption and stop worrying about the consequences. Might as well enjoy the ride :flirt:

That's the spirit...we'll burn old tires in Delaware Park for Earth Day!

I think you got your wackjobs all backwards.

Not sure what you mean here. Did you watch the video?

It is becoming more and more true that anyone who dares to point out the inherent lies in the global warming swindle is hounded from their professions, hysterically denounced, or worse. Even the co-founder of Greenpeace said this in the video. He said the new people who came into his organization at about the same time as the Berlin Wall fell were all about radical restrictions on industrial activity. They wanted to ban CHLORINE (Cl). Chlorine is an ELEMENT and they wanted to BAN it. Let that sink in.

The new global warming truth MUST be believed. The UN issued a (UN Funded) report, AlGore is up for an Oscar for his latest ManBearPig drama, the debate is now settled and dissent will not be tolerated.

Non-believers (HERETIC! WACKJOB!) beware the new orthodoxy! Watch as the propaganda machine really cranks up on this one. Every day you will hear about it somewhere. In the paper, on the TV news, on the cover of Newsweek, characters in SITCOMs making jokes about it, etc, etc. "The issue is settled", "Carbon Credits", "Reduced Carbon Footprint" the drumbeat will be incessant. Dissent will not be tolerated.

EDIT: See, they're coming after the guys who made the video. Death threats and all. HERETIC! DENIER!! I can feel the spittle from here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...1/ngreen211.xml

Not sure what you mean here. Did you watch the video?

It is becoming more and more true that anyone who dares to point out the inherent lies in the global warming swindle is hounded from their professions, hysterically denounced, or worse. Even the co-founder of Greenpeace said this in the video. He said the new people who came into his organization at about the same time as the Berlin Wall fell were all about radical restrictions on industrial activity. They wanted to ban CHLORINE (Cl). Chlorine is an ELEMENT and they wanted to BAN it. Let that sink in.

The new global warming truth MUST be believed. The UN issued a (UN Funded) report, AlGore is up for an Oscar for his latest ManBearPig drama, the debate is now settled and dissent will not be tolerated.

Non-believers (HERETIC! WACKJOB!) beware the new orthodoxy! Watch as the propaganda machine really cranks up on this one. Every day you will hear about it somewhere. In the paper, on the TV news, on the cover of Newsweek, characters in SITCOMs making jokes about it, etc, etc. "The issue is settled", "Carbon Credits", "Reduced Carbon Footprint" the drumbeat will be incessant. Dissent will not be tolerated.

EDIT: See, they're coming after the guys who made the video. Death threats and all. HERETIC! DENIER!! I can feel the spittle from here.

The Inquistion (Let’s Begin)

The Inquisition (Look out sin)

We have a mission

To convert the Jew (Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew)

We’re gonna teach them (Wrong from right)

We’re gonna help them (See the light)

And make an offer that they can’t refuse.

(That the Jews just can’t refuse)

Confess…Don’t be boring

Say yes… Don’t be dull

A fact… You’re ignoring

It’s better to lose your skullcap than your skull (Or your gavalt)

The Inquisition (What a show)

The Inquisition (Here we go)

We know you’re wishing that we’d go away

But the inquisition’s here and it’s here to stay

The inquisition (Oh boy)

The inquisition (What joy)

The inquisition (Oi oi)

I was sitting in a chapel I was minding my own business

I was listening to a lovely Hebrew mass

Then these papus person’s plungered

And they throw me in a dungeon

And they shoved a red hot poker up my ass

Is that considerate?

Is that polite?

And not a tube of preparation H in sight.

I’m sittin’ flickin’ chickens

And was lookin’ thru the thickens

When suddenly these guys break down the walls

I didn’t even know them

And they grabbed me by the scrotum

And they started playing Ping Pong with my balls

Oy the agony

Oy the Shame

To make my privates public for a game

But the inquisition’s here and it’s here to…

Hey Torquemada

What do you say

I just got back from the auto-da-fé ,

auto-da-fé What’s the auto-da-fé?

It’s what you oughtn’t to do but you do anyway.

Skit scat doodlebac doodle be bay

Will you convert….NO NO NO NO

Will you confess….NO NO NO NO

Will you revert….NO NO NO NO

Will you say YES….NO NO NO NO

Now I asked in a nice way

I said pretty please

I bent their ears

Now I’ll work on the knees

Hey Torquemada

Walk this way

We got a new game you might want to play

Pull this handle, try your luck

Who knows Torque, You might win a buck (All right)

Put it in the car

In the car In the car

How we doing. Any converts today?

Not a one Nay Nay Nay

We’ve flattened their fingers

We’ve branded their buns

Nothing is working

SEND IN THE NUNS

So come on all you heathens and you Jews

We got some good news for all of yous

You’d better change your point of views today

Cause the inquisitions here and it’s here to say.

Which is something I've been saying for a while: global warming has long since ceased to be a scientific effort and become a political one. The amount of true science (i.e. objective, falsifiable, testable, empirical study) is far overshadowed at this point by promotional efforts by various entrenched camps. Al Gore's film - which I finally happened to see tonight on cable - is a perfect example. Astoundingly, it was less scientific than the God-awful book...it actually blames global warming for antibiotic-resistant illnesses. :devil: How the hell can you have intelligent discussion in an environment where obvious bull sh-- like that is being thrown around as scientific fact?

Which is something I've been saying for a while: global warming has long since ceased to be a scientific effort and become a political one. The amount of true science (i.e. objective, falsifiable, testable, empirical study) is far overshadowed at this point by promotional efforts by various entrenched camps. Al Gore's film - which I finally happened to see tonight on cable - is a perfect example. Astoundingly, it was less scientific than the God-awful book...it actually blames global warming for antibiotic-resistant illnesses. :devil: How the hell can you have intelligent discussion in an environment where obvious bull sh-- like that is being thrown around as scientific fact?

Doesn't matter. You, Ramius, and I are in bed with the polluters according to Al...

See, that's your first mistake. You expected intelligence from Al Gore. He DID lose to the supposedly most retarded president in history, after all.

Besides Al, the scare mongers are using total idiots as spokesmen. I heard an interview this weekend with Darryl Hannah. This ditz is so stupid, she sometimes forgets how to drive (I actually heard her say this around the time Splash came out).

In this interview she actually said that the decline in honeybees is due to global warming.

The decline is actually due to the varroa mite which is spreading a virus.

She also parroted all the other greenie talking points.

Normally, I have very little respect for Al Gore. But the fact that you so evidently think so little of his movie makes me believe there must be some truth to it.

The issue of global warming itself is intrinsically complicated. We can be fairly confident human industrial activity is responsible for the increasing level of CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere. To what extent is that extra CO2 warming up the planet? That's difficult to say.

But then there are all the extra political factors involved. You have the radical Leftists, who want to make Western nations look bad. But as places like China and India continue to industrialize, the case that global warming=West bad will be increasingly difficult to make. Radical leftists also see environmentalism as an excuse to dilute private property rights, and to increase the size, power, and inefficiency of the federal government. But there are others--honest people--who see environmentalism as a mechanism to promote the well-being of the environment.

The litmus test to separate the Marxists from those who actually care about the environment is this: what's their stance on immigration? Immigration is harmful to the environment, which is why real environmentalists oppose it. But Marxists welcome immigration as a means to destroy the existing social order, as well as the white race. Marxists feel the destruction of all races and all existing non-communist social orders is a necessary precursor to the coming revolution.

By systematically excluding Marxists from the debate about environmentalism (or any other topic, for that matter), we can arrive at moderate, decent solutions to our problems. Specifically, the U.S. needs an environmental policy which combines our need for a free market economy with our duty to be good stewards of the environment.