John Clayton just said on ESPN Radio...

MattM

Adrian Peterson is a stud. If he is on the board at #12, we take him hands down.

I hope you are right and a little luck falls into the Bills lap for a change....For too long some really good player that the Bills coveted has gone off the board just a few picks ahead of them or they have been forced to take a player little higher than they could have because they were just not sure if he would last a few picks down....Hopefully, this time around, a talent like AP which is a need position will fall right into our lap.

Adrian Peterson is a stud. If he is on the board at #12, we take him hands down.

Agreed. And if Calvin Johnson is there for our second round pick we take him as well.

:blink:

Lynch might drop to 12, but Peterson is not going to be a Bill without trading up.

I think the bigger question though is do we think Okoye, Revis, Willis, or Lynch is the best football player? Is Willis better than Lynch? Will Revis be a better player than Okoye? We have different options to improve our weak spots (assuming we re-sign A-Train and have an so-so guy on the depth chart instead of an empty slot). I think Lynch at #12 could work out, but I don't think it is likely. Exciting time leading up to this all though...

Agreed. And if Calvin Johnson is there for our second round pick we take him as well.

:blink:

Lynch might drop to 12, but Peterson is not going to be a Bill without trading up.

I think the bigger question though is do we think Okoye, Revis, Willis, or Lynch is the best football player? Is Willis better than Lynch? Will Revis be a better player than Okoye? We have different options to improve our weak spots (assuming we re-sign A-Train and have an so-so guy on the depth chart instead of an empty slot). I think Lynch at #12 could work out, but I don't think it is likely. Exciting time leading up to this all though...

I think we draft Defense , but if AP falls to #12 (which is a pip dream) we take him. He is the second best player in the draft behind Calvin Johson IMO.

I think it is funny when a lot of "experts" on this board think it is AUTOMATIC who we pick in the first round if that particular player is available and who will or won't in any way possible make it to the Bills at #12.

Last year there were a lot of people pretty confident that the Bills should take Winston Justice at #8.

As it turned out, he didn't come off the board until the second round at #39 overall.

how stupid is that, we trade mcgahee and in return lose badly needed 12th pick on MLB willis because we need it for an RB now.

Lynch is an upgrade over Mcgahee. Who knows, maybe we could trade back into the first round to get Willis. Or we could take willis with the 12th pick & trade back into the low 20s & get Lynch if he is still available.

I think it is funny when a lot of "experts" on this board think it is AUTOMATIC who we pick in the first round if that particular player is available and who will or won't in any way possible make it to the Bills at #12.

Last year there were a lot of people pretty confident that the Bills should take Winston Justice at #8.

As it turned out, he didn't come off the board until the second round at #39 overall.

It is very possible that Marv and Co. might be thinking that it isn't necessary to take a RB in the first round. Great RBs come from all rounds of the draft on a yearly basis, so it might make sense not to spend the big money on a RB in Round 1. As a for instance, Deshawn Wynn out of Florida is a very good back that has decent hands. He doesn't have a lot of wear on him because he and Urban Meyer never seemed to gel so urban wouldn't play him much until he really needed production out of the RB position. The kid is good and can definitely run the ball. Just a thought.

If you guys can't handle Willis' personality you won't be able to handle Lynch. Same type of guy, and just as bad with the media.

If marv makes the pick knowing what happened with Willis here he's more senile than I thought. This has got to be posturing to confuse other GMs.

If you guys can't handle Willis' personality you won't be able to handle Lynch. Same type of guy, and just as bad with the media.

If marv makes the pick knowing what happened with Willis here he's more senile than I thought. This has got to be posturing to confuse other GMs.

that is an interesting comment. i have read that on other boards about Lynch.

just curious....what examples do you have to back it up?

Here's an example of his mannerisms - though the CONTENT of what he says is mostly good (similar to Willis when he was still in school)- his mannerisms are very "willis."

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=c...&id=4491055

And then there's this display after winning a game...

That said, I don't believe the rumours about legal troubles...it seems like the restraining order was dropped and the assault case was dropped as well.

Lynch is getting into my Okoye Branch Willis mix with the willis trade. I'd still go Okoye or Branch before Willis or Lynch...but whichever of those four is there would be a very good choice at 12. Still hoping for Okoye.

There is no way you can go DT with the #12 pick. They spent 2 picks last year on DT plus a free agent signing in tripplet. Granted they need one, but you can not waist another pick on a guy that is going to go into the DL rotation. You need an every down player there and it has to be a RB or LB