Baltimore Ravens Paint Job

From the Jim Rome Show...enjoy

The Baltimore Ravens worked a deal for Buffalo running back Willis McGahee and acting like they’re bringing in Jim Brown in his prime. While, he might be an upgrade over Jamal Lewis, if McGahee really were all that, do you think Buffalo would have given up on him in the first place? Especially, since they don’t even have his replacement yet? Then again, easy to see why they did cut him loose, he wasn’t happy there, he has only broken 4 per carry once in his career, he was trying to get the team moved to Toronto, and he thinks he’s the best back in the NFL, his words, not mine. You have to love all these teams that watch other teams run their backs right into the ground and think that if they bring them in, throw ridiculous jack at them, that somehow they’re getting something that they’re not.

Slapping a coat of new paint on a beater isn’t going to make it a high performance rig. Changing the paint has no effect on the odometer, the engine or the tires. I’m not saying it can’t work. For instance, I think the Jets worked the Bears in getting Thomas Jones, a proven back, who runs hard, who doesn’t have a lot of mileage on him, who I know will help the Jets. But he might be the only guy.

Nice post! Rome is spot on. I love that he is calling McGahee a beater with a new paint job, because that is exactly what is happening. And I thought TD was good at spinning his signings into great PR. The Ravens' front office has its fanbase all pumped up about this. It is hysterical because I know how bad the let-down is going to be for the fans.

Nice post! Rome is spot on. I love that he is calling McGahee a beater with a new paint job, because that is exactly what is happening. And I thought TD was good at spinning his signings into great PR. The Ravens' front office has its fanbase all pumped up about this. It is hysterical because I know how bad the let-down is going to be for the fans.

The Baltimore press conference is hilarious...

I feel bad for them, Willis will just take their lunch money and not perform like they think he can.

Better them than us.

The Baltimore media and fans are some of the most supremely overconfident I've witnessed. I went to the week 17 game and afterwards on the radio they were only talking about whether they would be able to beat San Diego in the AFC Championship game (which the answer was a uniform yes) but totally writing off the first playoff game altogether where they would be playing either the Colts or Patriots

The Baltimore media and fans are some of the most supremely overconfident I've witnessed. I went to the week 17 game and afterwards on the radio they were only talking about whether they would be able to beat San Diego in the AFC Championship game (which the answer was a uniform yes) but totally writing off the first playoff game altogether where they would be playing either the Colts or Patriots

Ha ha. I was listening too and just rolling around laughing because I knew the they didn't have the offense to win against either. The higher one sticks his nose, the easier it is to punch him in the throat.

I read an article from the Baltimore Sun, Mike Preston or Watson and he thought the Ravens overpaid for McGahee and should have just kept Jamal because there isn't much difference between the two at this point. And they would would have had their draft picks to fill other gaping holes !

Good for Marv, I hope he doesn't trade around, just keep the picks and draft more players. Have multiple option and each weakness. We have 9 picks, we can draft 2 DT's , 2 LB's , 2 RB's , 2 CB's and 1 TE

Sounds good to me !

I've got three Uncles in Maryland all calling me yesterday/today and saying: "We robbed you blind, tee hee."

To which I have been saying: "Make sure your coaches learns sign language and/or know how to write in BIG kindergarten letters - Willis the hole is over here!"

as much as i disliked willis he does have talent.willis could do well in baltimore.i think he may have something to prove and i think there are players on the ravens that would not put up with willis's sh--.you think steve mcnair wont B word slap willis when willis dosnt run one out or if he fumbles or just plain screws up someone like ray lewis wont take him to task.no i think the 1st year will be a honeymoon year,but year two or three willis will revert to the turd he is.

I've got three Uncles in Maryland all calling me yesterday/today and saying: "We robbed you blind, tee hee."

To which I have been saying: "Make sure your coaches learns sign language and/or know how to write in BIG kindergarten letters - Willis the hole is over here!"

No offense to your uncles, but we in Maryland, outside the Baltimore area, frequently hear references to "Baltimorons."