RB's on our team

If we signed a FA, (Brown) resign A-train, keep Shaud, and get a FA fullback, can the Bills (from a roster point) draft the RB of the future along with another back like Leonard from Rutgers? ( I know he's listed as a fullback but wants to be a rb and I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO GET HIM)

That would leave us with 6 backs.....can we carry that many?

I think if we sign two veteran RBs (Brown and A-Train perhaps) AND draft a high round RB, then Shaud will be cut. Either that or we only carry one fullback.

Three scenarios, IMO:

ONE

1. Vet RB

2. Vet RB

3. Rookie RB

4. Vet FB

5. Rookie FB

TWO

1. Vet RB

2. Vet RB

3. Rookie RB

4. Shaud

5. Vet/Rookie FB

THREE

1. Vet RB

2. Vet RB

3. Shaud

4. Vet FB

5. Rookie FB

3 RB's and a starting FB. this is SOP.

cieslak is the emergency FB

possibly a 4th RB for special teams reasons, but other than that scenario, 3 RB's and 1 FB

plus they also have Reed as an emergency backup RB too

I really can't see them carrying 5-6 Backs this year

If theres going to be a rookie back, it will be either a RB or FB not one of each

Six...or even 5, is a lot of roster spots for a position that has maybe 30 to 35 touches between runs and passes.

Add ten touches -- if they manage a few more first downs. And falling out of love with Sam Aiken type specialty teamers makes 6 at least a possibility. Running backs have the athleticism to excel on ST if they come with the right mindset. Last year felt strange to me with two lead backs who had serious injury histories.

This is how I see it

1. Chris Brown

2. Either Bush or Hunt

3. Shaud Williams

4. FA Fullback

5. Rookie FB/RB (to be on practice squad)

What I would Prefer

1. Marshawn Lynch

2. Anthony Thomas

3. Shaud Williams

4. FA Fullback

5. Rookie FB/RB (to be on practice squad)

Add ten touches -- if they manage a few more first downs. And falling out of love with Sam Aiken type specialty teamers makes 6 at least a possibility. Running backs have the athleticism to excel on ST if they come with the right mindset. Last year felt strange to me with two lead backs who had serious injury histories.

Well, don't complain if a game comes along and you end up with the roster's latrine orderly manning the LT position, or the safety with the behind full of splinters playing linebacker. Such does happen from time to time, which is why having 5 rbs on an active squad is a rare thing. If five are carried they might be darn good ST'ers, but if they have to carry or block or catch...yikes!

It may happen, but I can't think of a club that kept so many. I sure wouldn't.