American Idol rigged

I"m not sure I understand how this refutes my point? I'm saying that the fan base is being created DURING the show, and is already established once the records are released. The fact that they already have a feel for who should start working on albums before the season is over further shows that they have an idea of how the fan base is developing. I sincerely doubt they started working on a Clay Aiken album back when he auditioned. IIRC, he only made the finals because he was a wildcard vote by one of the judges. Then from there his fan base grew and grew, and I'm sure it was pretty clear well before the finale that he was going to be viable in terms of a recording artist.

Now contrast this with Clay Aiken pre-Idol, trying to get some recording deal while he's teaching school or whatever he did before the show. His voice is the constant, but I guarantee you that if some studio had signed him as an unknown that he'd never have sniffed the success he's having now. AI takes the raw materials and molds them into stars....that's the part I find fascinating to watch.

The point is that during the show they have set foot in a recording studio, so, before they are stars that anyone will remember, the preliminary steps have been taken, that's all.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic