American Idol rigged

is my own personal opinion. There is no way a true "artist" wins a glorified kareoke (sp?)competition and releases an album within a month.

It'll only be a matter of time before American Idol will be exposed as the talentless fraud that it is and FOX viewers as the sheep that they are.

Sorry to break the news.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is my own personal opinion. There is no way a true "artist" wins a glorified kareoke (sp?)competition and releases an album within a month.

It'll only be a matter of time before American Idol will be exposed as the talentless fraud that it is and FOX viewers as the sheep that they are.

Sorry to break the news.

lol, i laugh at that, cuz usually the most talented ones get cut early, look at Daughtry, dude got dumped from the show and is doing real well w/ his record w/o the help of Simon Cowell

Sorry to break the news.

Dude, get over it. It's the sixth damn season and the show has left a trail of grammys, multi-platinum albums, broadway shows, and now an Oscar. It's as legit as talent competitions get.

Dude, get over it. It's the sixth damn season and the show has left a trail of grammys, multi-platinum albums, broadway shows, and now an Oscar. It's as legit as talent competitions get.

What can I say, there's a lot of sheep in the world. :nana:

It all comes down to the songs. You could put virtually anyone with a good voice on a catchy song and it would sell well.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. The brilliance of American Idol is that it creates the fan base BEFORE the records come out, not the other way around. People get to know the contestants week in and week out, to the point where they are already fans before the singer has set foot in a recording studio. Why do you think a show like that Grease one on NBC even came about? They are following the AI model in hopes that they'll already have a Danny and a Sandy who are loved by the audience, so when the show opens up there is already a fair amt of recognition. It's pretty smart business.

Why do you think a show like that Grease one on NBC even came about? They are following the AI model in hopes that they'll already have a Danny and a Sandy who are loved by the audience, so when the show opens up there is already a fair amt of recognition. It's pretty smart business.

Actually, I don't think that's the case. Shows on Broadway sell regardless; they may sell more Soundtracks, perhaps (although who would want that over the original, I don't know...). I think Grease is doing it because they take something that would cost them money (a casting call), and are instead MAKING money off of it. It's still smart business, but in a different way than Idol.

All of this is my opinion, as I have no stats to back it up, but it seems to make sense.

Actually, I don't think that's the case. Shows on Broadway sell regardless; they may sell more Soundtracks, perhaps (although who would want that over the original, I don't know...). I think Grease is doing it because they take something that would cost them money (a casting call), and are instead MAKING money off of it. It's still smart business, but in a different way than Idol.

All of this is my opinion, as I have no stats to back it up, but it seems to make sense.

Well, that may very well be, but these ideas aren't mutually exclusive. I think the bottom line with all this stuff is obviously money. But how many people do you know who can tell you the actors who have played Danny and Sandy in the broadway version? When this show is over, there will be MILLIONS of people who will know them by name. Grease is one of my favorite movies/musicals of all time, but I had no idea that John Secada played Danny until recently. I know Sam Harris was in one of the versions, but not sure if he played Danny or someone else. I dunno, I just think the visibility of the next Danny and Sandy is going to be HUGE because of this show. It'll be interesting to see how that translates into broadway success.

:blink:

Sorry, AJ, but that was funny. :P :P

Fez is VERY funny.....

....looking! :nana:

lol, i laugh at that, cuz usually the most talented ones get cut early, look at Daughtry, dude got dumped from the show and is doing real well w/ his record w/o the help of Simon Cowell

Daughtry is slang for giant doucebag.

No its not.

Its just another front for "Faux" so they can sell their "bias" to the rest of the world.

I read on another board that Simon Cowell and Brit Hume are drinking buddies and laff at all the "dumb liberals" who fall for their act...just like those Democrats who dont ban Fox News' upcoming Democrat debate.

American Idol lies....people DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's call in Mulder and Scully! It's all one BIG GIANT CONSPIRACY!!!!!! AAAARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to break the news.

You mean, how viewers of ESPN are sheep as well?

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. The brilliance of American Idol is that it creates the fan base BEFORE the records come out, not the other way around. People get to know the contestants week in and week out, to the point where they are already fans before the singer has set foot in a recording studio. Why do you think a show like that Grease one on NBC even came about? They are following the AI model in hopes that they'll already have a Danny and a Sandy who are loved by the audience, so when the show opens up there is already a fair amt of recognition. It's pretty smart business.

Considering that only Clarkson and Underwood are making hit records, it goes to show that it's the songs that matter most. The same goes for TV shows; it's the writing.

Now that's just a sad commentary on the music industry today, when three idiots (I just assume they are, I've never watched the show) and a bunch of pre-teen bubble gum chewers select our next stars.

Now that's just a sad commentary on the music industry today, when three idiots (I just assume they are, I've never watched the show) and a bunch of pre-teen bubble gum chewers select our next stars.

As opposed to, say, the 1980's, when idiots (I just assume record producers are) and a bunch of pre-teen bubble gum chewers selected Toni Basil as one of our stars. :lol: