Marv and Jauron wouldn't have traded McGahee

I really hope you're wrong. It would be absolute foolishness to trade away McGahee if your plan is "we can get player X in the draft". What happens when player X is selected two picks before you?

If player X was a running back, then you go with running back Y. This is not the case for other positions. It seems clear that RB is not the priority it once was(and still is in Fantasy Football) but there seems to be a real trend towards 2-3 guy committees at RB. This is smart because:

2 above average guys > one feature guy in case of injury

2 above average guys > one feature guy when it's time to sign rookie contracts

2 above average guys > one feature guy when it comes to FA

2 above average guys > one feature guy when it comes to the Locker Room

2 above average guys > one feature guy when it comes to ego management

2 above average guys > one feature guy one guy loses a step, you can get others to replace/compete with him, without losing total continuity on offense

2 above average guys < one feature guy if you get extremely lucky and pick a "special" player like LT or Walter Payton, just keep in mind that you are just as

likely to get Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams.

We got lucky when we had Thermal and Kenneth Davis in that we had a feature guy and an above average guy, right? Or, was it that we had a great line, and that these guys were simply above average guys that overachieved and benefited from being on a good team? In either case, we at least had two guys that were both versatile, but also had specific individual strengths.

I think that rb by committee is the vogue thing to do now. The last 2 SB winners have operated in that kind of style, and I think that Marv and co. are going to be moving into a more of a ball control style offense and try to stay away from that "feature" back that attracts egos.

WM got what he wanted, not before creating a lot of drama before his departure. I do like the idea of Booker though. Do you think he would be there with one of 3rds?

It is the vogue thing to do, and is a model I would like to follow however a lot of those rb by committee teams have 1st rd picks at rb. I just dont think this is the year to get a rb in the 1st rd. The only one I feel is worth it is Peterson. As Far as Booker yeah I think he's getable in the 3rd.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pvPumoZFpl4

I really hope you're wrong. It would be absolute foolishness to trade away McGahee if your plan is "we can get player X in the draft". What happens when player X is selected two picks before you?

Which brings me to believe that their contention was, if we trade away McGahee we can draft W, X, Y, Z.