Turner: Is he really worth a 1st and a 3rd????

Assuming we wanted to address the running back position foremost.. which of two would you go for??

giving up our first and one of our 3rd's for Turner???

OR

just using the first rounder on marshaun lynch and pocketing that 3rd for defensive depth....

personally i kinda prefer the second of the two.. thoughts?

Assuming we wanted to address the running back position foremost.. which of two would you go for??

giving up our first and one of our 3rd's for Turner???

OR

just using the first rounder on marshaun lynch and pocketing that 3rd for defensive depth....

personally i kinda prefer the second of the two.. thoughts?

Turner can be had for a lot less than a #1 and a #3, that is just his tender if someone signs him to an offer sheet, and the Bills surely are not going to do that. I'm not sure at all they are or would target him, and haven't made any suggestions towards it, but I would say it would probably cost us our #2. I think I read somewhere that the Chargers would entertain offers similar to the Thomas Jones trade. If that were true, we could swap our second rounder with SD's. I would do that in a heartbeat.

The Chargers are going to lose Turner and get nothing for him next year. They would probably benefit by trading him if they can get a #2 for him. To me, it's like Marty Biron. Turner is great to have, and a very valuable back-up, but if your starter goes down you're not going to win the big one anyway, so you might as well move him IF you can get something substantial for him. No one is going to sign him to an offer sheet.