I could care less if McGahee gets 1500 yards

ans4e64

A lot of people are concerned with what McGahee will do next year with Baltimore. We will look foolish, he will be in the pro bowl, blah blah blah.

I dont care what McGahee does with any other team. He can have a break out year and make the pro bowl, I dont give a damn because he was never going to do that with us.

With us, he was our own version of a cancer, and was probably going to hold out next year. He can produce for someone else, but he never produced for us besides his 1 year trial run.

Most people on this board use the saying, "Time will tell" when talking about this trade, but I feel that it doesnt apply. If McGahee was a focal point on our team, and we traded him because we thought we got a better deal, then yes, time will tell if we won out or not. This is not the case here. McGahee was a problem, and a nobody here in Buffalo. We are getting rid of someone that only brought our team and offense down, and whether or not he produces with the Ravens does not change that. Addition by subtraction is my theory here, and if he makes the pro bowl next year that doesnt mean we shouldnt have made this trade. Even if we unloaded him for a bag of footballs and a 6 pack we won out.

A lot of people are concerned with what McGahee will do next year with Baltimore. We will look foolish, he will be in the pro bowl, blah blah blah.

I don't care what McGahee does with any other team. He can have a break out year and make the pro bowl, I dont give a damn because he was never going to do that with us.

W

I agree. I went to the San Diego game and watched MW freeze behind the line, try some fancy move and get tossed on his tush. I believe the reports that he didn't learn the playbook. Also, I will give a person the benefit of the doubt when it come to mistakes in their personal life but come on this guy is an idiot with his baby momma crap. I think Marv is right. I'll take a smart hard working player over a guy with natural talent any day.

I dont care what McGahee does with any other team. He can have a break out year and make the pro bowl, I dont give a damn because he was never going to do that with us.

With us, he was our own version of a cancer, and was probably going to hold out next year. He can produce for someone else, but he never produced for us besides his 1 year trial run.

Most people on this board use the saying, "Time will tell" when talking about this trade, but I feel that it doesnt apply. If McGahee was a focal point on our team, and we traded him because we thought we got a better deal, then yes, time will tell if we won out or not. This is not the case here. McGahee was a problem, and a nobody here in Buffalo. We are getting rid of someone that only brought our team and offense down, and whether or not he produces with the Ravens does not change that. Addition by subtraction is my theory here, and if he makes the pro bowl next year that doesnt mean we shouldnt have made this trade. Even if we unloaded him for a bag of footballs and a 6 pack we won out.

Excellent post

he never produced for us besides his 1 year trial run.

1,128 yards his rookie season with 13td's

1,247 yards his second season (which was good for 10th in the NFL)

990 yards this year

3 years playing for the Bills...3,365 yards.

I wouldn't call that "nothing"

Underachiever? Yeah, probably...but he was solid and could carry the rock 25 times a game and was dependable. He played through some tough injuries that most running backs wouldn't. (mostly those ribs)