Marshawn Lynch

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first.

The best RB we have under contract is Shaud Williams. We are in no position to box up the extra draft picks we have to trade up into the top 10 where a more likely RB to start and star immediately is likely to be found (if you judge Lynch to be so good what is it that you know that none of the other pundits do not that has them ranking other RBs higher).

In addition too having too many needs to trade away draft picks to move up we are also in no position to count on a rookie outside of the top 10 players immediately starting for us. This can certainly happen and a player drafted at #18 where Lynch is slotted to go should become a reliable starter at some point in his first year, but counting on him starting immediately as there will be items like picking up NFL blitzes that no rookie does well his first time out will likely be the case.

The first thing for the Bills to do is to sign one and more likely two NFL vets who we hope will be good enough to start or at least give us part of the one/two NFL RB duo which is all the rage right now.

Lets see what happens with signing vets and then how the draft boards look to be working out before we target a particular rookie.

I dont think so. Im pretty confident they could draft Lynch @ 12 & he would be the opening day starter & the results would be pretty good. If Lynch is there @ 12 which I think he will be you grab him. I watch alot of Pac 10 football, believe me when I tell you he is that good.

I dont think so. Im pretty confident they could draft Lynch @ 12 & he would be the opening day starter & the results would be pretty good. If Lynch is there @ 12 which I think he will be you grab him. I watch alot of Pac 10 football, believe me when I tell you he is that good.

I agree with you. Runningback is the one position that doesn't really require a lot of experience to be effective. Many rookies come in and make a big impact. Geez, just look at last year's stock.

Lynch is a completely different style back who pounded defenders. I think he would be outstanding. I think we shouldn't forget there is more than one round in the draft. If Lynch is their top player at #12... take him. Every player of the defense still needs an upgrade and it seems there is no depth whatsoever at linebacker and cornerback. But that doesn't necessitate that in the first round you don't go for your highest rated player. Hell, the Bills may have Lynch rated #1 on their list or #31... who's to say. The draft should be very interesting this year.

You know--ive talked to a few more people out here about Lynch.....and maybe ive changed my mind--he could be worth a first.......as long as we can take care of CB and DT somehow

Ive had season tickets at Cal for the last 4 years. He is explosive and could be a great spark for the offense. His driving the cart was hilarious and completely fine in the scene after the game (I know others thought he might be trouble). I would love to see him here this season.

PS. I had to completely reregister yesterday cause the system couldnt find my username and password after 2 years as a member. Did this happen to anyone else?

Ive had season tickets at Cal for the last 4 years. He is explosive and could be a great spark for the offense. His driving the cart was hilarious and completely fine in the scene after the game (I know others thought he might be trouble). I would love to see him here this season.

PS. I had to completely reregister yesterday cause the system couldnt find my username and password after 2 years as a member. Did this happen to anyone else?

Yup

Nah, i hope the Bills dont draft him, he's a willis in the making.

Is he really???

Willis doesn't run like this kid, doesn't catch like this kid, doesn't block like this kid, and doesn't posess the heart this kid does....

He is the complete opposite of Willis....

and i gaurentee you he will be the best all around back from this class....

If he is there at 12...We better pick him

You are right, YOOOOOO. This guy has the talent, physical attributes and most importantly, the heart. He is faster than McGahee and certailnly has better character. I think his character being called into question is amazingly stupid, and it will turn out great for us, as I really think Lynch is a Marv-type-of-guy. Up until we traded McGahee away I was 100 percent set on drafting Patrick Willis at #12. Now I think this opens the door to getting Lynch, who has the best shot of all the RBs in this class to become a top-quality back for years to come. That said, I would love for the Bills to take Lynch and then figure out a way to get back into the first to draft Willis, too. Lynch along with A-Train or Brown would make for some very sore and tired opposing D-linemen and LBs come the fourth quarter.

You are right, YOOOOOO. This guy has the talent, physical attributes and most importantly, the heart. He is faster than McGahee and certailnly has better character. I think his character being called into question is amazingly stupid, and it will turn out great for us, as I really think Lynch is a Marv-type-of-guy. Up until we traded McGahee away I was 100 percent set on drafting Patrick Willis at #12. Now I think this opens the door to getting Lynch, who has the best shot of all the RBs in this class to become a top-quality back for years to come. That said, I would love for the Bills to take Lynch and then figure out a way to get back into the first to draft Willis, too. Lynch along with A-Train or Brown would make for some very sore and tired opposing D-linemen and LBs come the fourth quarter.

This isn't entirely impossible.

To get the 12th AND 14th-ranked players in the draft is going to take 1100 points.

That's almost exactly our RD#2 (470) plus RD#3a (480) and #3b (132), which total 1082.

This isn't entirely impossible.

To get the 12th AND 14th-ranked players in the draft is going to take 1100 points.

That's almost exactly our RD#2 (470) plus RD#3a (480) and #3b (132), which total 1082.

I know that is a lot of picks, but I think it would be worth it. And I wouldn't put it past Marv and company. Plus, we still might get another first-day pick for Takeo.

I know that is a lot of picks, but I think it would be worth it. And I wouldn't put it past Marv and company. Plus, we still might get another first-day pick for Takeo.

I'm not advocating it, but I wouldn't put it past the Bills brass.

So...

12-Willis ILB

14-Lynch RB

107-Beekman OG

169-Snelling FB

203-Trannon WR

220-Jackson DT

As good as he is, I think 3 picks would be too much to give up for him. I'd rather take Brandon Siler or David Harris in the 2nd and still have the ability to add two more good prospects in the 3rd.

I'm not advocating it, but I wouldn't put it past the Bills brass.

So...

12-Willis ILB

14-Lynch RB

107-Beekman OG

169-Snelling FB

203-Trannon WR

220-Jackson DT

I could certainly live with that draft, I think we would have a very solid offense and defensive front seven that way.

So, what are you advocating?

I could certainly live with that draft, I think we would have a very solid offense and defensive front seven that way.

So, what are you advocating?

I would rather see one of our Top 4 needs addressed in FA so we can play the BPA strategy on draft day. I grow nervous about the RB-CB-ILB-DT-FB cricket-noise out of 1 Bills Drive.

I'm not against drafting an offensive lineman with our first pick- we are on the verge of a VERY good offensive line, and its all abou thaving a clearly defined strength, then hiding your weaknesses.

I'm not against drafting an offensive lineman with our first pick- we are on the verge of a VERY good offensive line, and its all abou thaving a clearly defined strength, then hiding your weaknesses.

Who would you take with the #12 pick? Joe Thomas and Levi Brown will almost certainly be gone at that point. I don't think there is another O-lineman worthy of that slot this year.