What McGahee is Newsome watching?

zonabb

"This is a runner who can make people miss and has the explosion and speed to take it the distance," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "He also has the power and size to run inside. He's a viable receiver out of the backfield and is a good pass blocker, not something every back can do. He also plays physical and with toughness, which are things we pride ourselves on here."

Agree on some points but he's selling fans and the media a line of crud with this one. First off, McGahee doesn't make a lot of people miss (runs very upright) and how many times did he take it the distance? There was a comment in the ESPN article, in the sidebar by someone I've neve heard of, that McGahee can run outside. What? This guy got stetched out all the time, he can't turn a corner any better than tandem tractor trailer. That's why his average is so bad, he can't turn the corner when getting stretched out. And the term "viable" is another way of saying "he'll have to do." He's got some bad hands and is horrible in the passing game. And a good pass blocker? Is this the same McGahee the Bills had?

The media has created such misinformed hype on this guy. Wow. Stop thinking McGahee the Hurricane and think McGahee the NFLer. They're not even close to the same.

I'm so happy this guy is gone. We lose really nothing that can't be gained by someone else. Plus, anyone who can be effective in the passing game and be able to block is an immediate upgrade and brings added dimension to the offense.

ill take my 3 draft picks but i still hoped we'd sign someone before we traded him. Shaud williams isnt going to scare many people (except bills fans)

Hey, Hey, Hey...say what you want about Shaud Williams, but at least he's better than...uhm...Joe Burns.

I think.

I loved the Baltimore Sun's columnist take on it:

"The Ravens acquired running back Willis McGahee from the Buffalo Bills today in a move that is supposed to upgrade their running game, but it's nothing to get really excited about -- not when it cost the team three draft picks. To put it bluntly, within the past two days the Ravens have given up on an old malcontent of a running back with a bad knee for a young malcontent of a running back with a bad knee."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...column?prov=tbd

Priceless

I loved the Baltimore Sun's columnist take on it:

"The Ravens acquired running back Willis McGahee from the Buffalo Bills today in a move that is supposed to upgrade their running game, but it's nothing to get really excited about -- not when it cost the team three draft picks. To put it bluntly, within the past two days the Ravens have given up on an old malcontent of a running back with a bad knee for a young malcontent of a running back with a bad knee."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...column?prov=tbd

Priceless

As much as I hate to say it, I'm inclined to agree. I really liked Willis but I have watched a few games again and there is no doubt that he is near the huddle, but looking to the sidelines for the play, even as late as the second Jets game. I wonder if the Ravens know that he doesn't like to read the playbook?