Michael Turner for a 2nd and the Raven's 3rd?

PIZ

The Chargers want a 1st and 3rd, but wouldn't they be smart to take a 2nd and 3rd for a guy that will be a UFA next year. The Chargers would be happy, I think, and the Bills could still get their MLB or CB.

The Chargers want a 1st and 3rd, but wouldn't they be smart to take a 2nd and 3rd for a guy that will be a UFA next year. The Chargers would be happy, I think, and the Bills could still get their MLB or CB.

Call me crazy, but I have not seen enough of Turner to be sold on him. And if the Chargers bothered to place that particular tender on him -- then they are going to expect the full compensation.

They dont want a 1st and 3rd. its required due to the fact that Turner is a RFA this year. The only possible scenario that you're deal would work is that San Diego signs him to a contract extension and then makes the deal.

Call me crazy, but I have not seen enough of Turner to be sold on him. And if the Chargers bothered to place that particular tender on him -- then they are going to expect the full compensation.

I think they do that so some team can't "steal" them away. I bet they would go for a trade. The guy, in my opinion, has more talent than McGahee. I liked him alot in college.

I would be very careful about paying too much for Turner. He may be great, but we really have not seen him play too much. I very much doubt that there is anyone out there willing to give SD a first for him. At this point, I cannot even say that I would give up a second or third. I just have not seen enough of him to make an evaluation.

They dont want a 1st and 3rd. its required due to the fact that Turner is a RFA this year. The only possible scenario that you're deal would work is that San Diego signs him to a contract extension and then makes the deal.

Nope. They can trade him for whatever they want. That's what the Dolphins just did with Wes Welker. I think they would probably go for a #2 pick. They are losing him for sure next year and will get nothing for him.

Why would we give up multiple draft picks for Turner when we could draft a RB with one of those picks? Turner has little experience, and while he has shown great promise, he is nowhere near proven and for practical purposes is just a rookie as well.

Any idea what it would take to get Chris Perry from the Bengals? All these free agent o-lineman are worthless without a back.

yes, but a good oline makes an average back look good and a good back look great, whereas there's only a handful, if that, of great backs that make an average or bad oline look good or great.

patience, people. marv isn't going to put shaud williams or a-train back there as the starter. i know you really really really want the answer today but it ain't gonna happen.

Maybe swapping 1st rd picks would provide enough value for both teams.

I'm liking this idea, I think. Where do they pick? Kinda like the Jets did to get Thomas Jones.

I'm liking this idea, I think. Where do they pick? Kinda like the Jets did to get Thomas Jones.

That is a very intriguing idea. I think you would have to hope that there is someone they really want to move up for, though.

Nope. They can trade him for whatever they want. That's what the Dolphins just did with Wes Welker. I think they would probably go for a #2 pick. They are losing him for sure next year and will get nothing for him.

I'm pretty sure I saw the dolphins work a deal with Welker then trade him... let me dig

I agree with you, Turner's showed to be a quality backup but would be hesitant to give anything on day 1 for him. While he might be the next Lamont Jordan, I'd pass and look elsewhere.

Turner's YPC average has been sick in his 3 years, and he has yet to have a fumble. He can break the long one and is built extremely solidly. I'm leery of his lack of touches though, and the fact that he plays behind LT and the SD line, but there's a feeling about him that this could be another Priest Holmes-Larry Johnson case, not that he'd be better than LT, but that he'd be an excellent, excellent back to run with. For the right price, I pull the trigger, but what is the right price? That is the $64,000 question.