McGahee Trade Contingent on Long-term Deal?

I realize this is coming from a not so reputable source, but PFT reports:

McGAHEE TRADE HINGES ON NEW DEAL

We were caught up in some day-job stuff earlier today, and we're catching up on the flow of the NFL info.

Here's what we know about the McGahee deal, plenty of which is already reported elsewhere. The Ravens sent a third-round pick and a seventh-round pick in 2007 and a third round pick in 2008. The deal hinges on the Ravens working out a long-term extension with McGahee, and the deadline is March 13.

Stay tuned.

This makes sense. Has anyone else posted this? If so, Sorry about that.

Reports will trickle out slowly that he has agreeed to a new deal with the Ravens.

One would assume that that some numbers were thrown around first between the Ravens and Rosenhaus so that they knew they were in the same ballpark, but should be interesting.

If Marv has already done an interview on buffalobills.com about it being a done deal....

then it's a done deal.

I could very easily see that based on a belief that the Ravens and Rosenhaus will work out a deal, and the desire to put it behind them, that Marv would say that it's a done deal even though a contingency still exists. Especially so if no reporter bothered or thought to ask the question.

I realize this is coming from a not so reputable source, but PFT reports:

This makes sense. Has anyone else posted this? If so, Sorry about that.

This sounds more like they were asleep at the switch or in the potty when the deal went down and they are now offering excuses and trying to do some reporting to pretend their word adds some value for their readers.

This sounds more like they were asleep at the switch or in the potty when the deal went down and they are now offering excuses and trying to do some reporting to pretend their word adds some value for their readers.

If this is true, then I suppose adding a specific date by which the contingency must be met can be only be considered as adding a nice theatrical touch to their fantasy value-added.