Boy is this ever tasteless...

buckeyemike

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet it wasn't "Two Black Guys..."

you are obviously commenting on a comic whose stand up routine youve never seen.

She REGULARLY drops N-bombs all over her routine, as well as calling out muslims, asians, gays, jews, catholics, etc.

shes a very funny comedian. and her act is very fair. nothing is sacred, everyone is fair game.

you are obviously commenting on a comic whose stand up routine youve never seen.

She REGULARLY drops N-bombs all over her routine, as well as calling out muslims, asians, gays, jews, catholics, etc.

shes a very funny comedian. and her act is very fair. nothing is sacred, everyone is fair game.

I haven't seen too much of her (didn't know who she was until Greg the Bunny), but I've seen a few of her sketches and they're pretty funny. There's one, and I don't know what it's called, but she's singing and basically making fun of EVERYONE (Jews, gays, blacks, etc), and then she says something offensive about blacks right in front of these two big black guys and they glare at her, and she cowers back. I don't remember how it ended, but I thought it was fantastic. My wife didn't like it at all. To each their own.

CW

I don't think I'm terribly sensitive and I'm certainly not prudish. I've listened to Howard Stern on Sirius and seen some raunchy stuff on TV in the past. And as a Christian, I'm not terribly proud of it, but I'll admit it. I'll also admit that I've seen Eva Longoria in her underwear, but so has most of America.

However, with this action, Sarah Silverman crosses a line. That's all I'm saying.

I'm very glad you made this thread so that I now know the "line" has been crossed. I didn't realize until you made this thread that I had no idea there was a "line" at all, much less that Sarah Silverman of all people had crossed this "line". I totally see the point of you informing me about this "line" because otherwise I might not have known it existed and that crossing it was such a no-no!

But I do disagree with you on one thing: listening to Howard Stern totally crosses the "line". He uses cuss words, describes graphic sexual intercourse between unmarried people, and often refers to flatulence live on the air! And to top it all off, he is also Jewish and as such denies the divinity of Jesus Christ as part of his faith! How much more crossing the "line" can you get!?

I'm very glad you made this thread so that I now know the "line" has been crossed. I didn't realize until you made this thread that I had no idea there was a "line" at all, much less that Sarah Silverman of all people had crossed this "line". I totally see the point of you informing me about this "line" because otherwise I might not have known it existed and that crossing it was such a no-no!

But I do disagree with you on one thing: listening to Howard Stern totally crosses the "line". He uses cuss words, describes graphic sexual intercourse between unmarried people, and often refers to flatulence live on the air! And to top it all off, he is also Jewish and as such denies the divinity of Jesus Christ as part of his faith! How much more crossing the "line" can you get!?

Ooh kay...is the sarcasm button off yet? :nana:

I think that this is a matter of personal preference. I didn't care much for Sarah Silverman before all this started, either.

And as far as Howard Stern is concerned, hey, Sarah Silverman is Jewish too! So are many entertainers, as we all know.

I haven't seen too much of her (didn't know who she was until Greg the Bunny), but I've seen a few of her sketches and they're pretty funny. There's one, and I don't know what it's called, but she's singing and basically making fun of EVERYONE (Jews, gays, blacks, etc), and then she says something offensive about blacks right in front of these two big black guys and they glare at her, and she cowers back. I don't remember how it ended, but I thought it was fantastic. My wife didn't like it at all. To each their own.

CW

I just saw that, too....I think it was shown during her stand up routine that's on one of the movie channels this month, right? I actually don't find her all that funny, but I do find her adorably cute and very attractive, so I watch nonetheless.

I just saw that, too....I think it was shown during her stand up routine that's on one of the movie channels this month, right? I actually don't find her all that funny, but I do find her adorably cute and very attractive, so I watch nonetheless.

its from her movie "Jesus Is Magic"

very funny, check it out if you get a chance

I think that this is a matter of personal preference. I didn't care much for Sarah Silverman before all this started, either.

And as far as Howard Stern is concerned, hey, Sarah Silverman is Jewish too! So are many entertainers, as we all know.

So what exactly bothers you about all this?

Sarah Silverman's characters are relentlessly self-centered and narcissistic.

The character is taken to the extreme, how self-centered can she be?

So self-centered that she could have sex with God and still be able to give him the brush off in the morning.

The comedy, if you appreciate it or not, is that there is no situation that can be thought of that isn't about her.

So she plows through life perfectly indifferent to everyone and everything from the mundane to the sacred.

Nothing touches her. It is either funny or not. But why take offense?

So what exactly bothers you about all this?

Sarah Silverman's characters are relentlessly self-centered and narcissistic.

The character is taken to the extreme, how self-centered can she be?

So self-centered that she could have sex with God and still be able to give him the brush off in the morning.

The comedy, if you appreciate it or not, is that there is no situation that can be thought of that isn't about her.

So she plows through life perfectly indifferent to everyone and everything from the mundane to the sacred.

Nothing touches her. It is either funny or not. But why take offense?

because nowadays, with everyone and everything so PC, people throw around the term "offended" just to get sympathy. they use the term like a trump card because once you "offend" someone you are expected to back down and apologize.

the really funny/comedic part of it all, is that most people that claim to be offended really have no clue what it means to be so.

this isnt all directed at buckeyemike, just in general. people need to stop taking themselves and their religions and their race and every other possible thing they want to LABEL themselves as SO FRIGGIN SERIOUSLY.

its one thing if you(the royal you) just dont find her funny. people are entitled to their opinion. the opinion of the comedy community says youre wrong. but its all opinions so really no one is wrong.

its another thing though if you say she is not funny just based on the subject of her material. thats just close-minded and shortsighted.

Totally agree with you. She can be amusing at times but it's impossible to put up with her for more than 2 minutes. There's only so much saying-something-offensive-in-an-ironic way that you can take.

Anyone can do this:

Think of something offensive.

Say it out loud.

Smirk.

Hope people laugh.

Whoever brought up CC not showing Muhammed on South Park has a great point too. Silverman making fun of Jews and Christians isn't offensive or funny. It's boring. Everyone frigging does that. If she mocks Muslim culture or Muhammed on her show, let me know.

For something so "boring" it is sure getting the attention of all you guys...she has mocked Muslims and Mohammed on her show...

I just find it ironic that so many here, who post tons of drivel here every day, are so outraged by this...all you tough guy conservatives who talk about "PC, liberal pussys" seem to want to pick and choose what is okay to drop the PC guard....

I think the reason I don't find her all that funny is because I get the feeling she's relying on "shock value" to compensate for a lack of talent. It's kind of the same thing with Rosie O'Donnell....she's not really able to be funny in general, so she has to be controversial to keep herself in the spotlight. Just my take....

No, there's no button. I'm just trying to be a good Christian, my friend!

How could humor be a matter of personal preference? You didn't create a whole thread to inform us that humor is a matter of personal preference, did you? No, of course not! That's too obvious! This thread is about something far more absolute and profound: righteousness and self-righteousness!

Yes, which explains why both of them cross the "line" big time! It's in their blood!

Sex with God is a well developed theme throughout Christian and Jewish history.

Yeah, having sex with God is pretty much an accepted truth according to those crazy Mormons, right? Don't they believe that God literally had sex with Mary, or something along those lines?

For something so "boring" it is sure getting the attention of all you guys...
No it isn't. I saw her show once and never bothered to come back. I've seen her stand-up and would basically never go out of my way to see it again. I just really don't care or see why anyone thinks she's so great.

Saying or doing outrageous things without any insight isn't that funny because, like I said, anyone can do it.

...all you tough guy conservatives who talk about "PC, liberal pussys" seem to want to pick and choose what is okay to drop the PC guard....
I just said she wasn't funny. And that "crossing the line" by taking shots at Jews and Christians isn't really crossing the line anymore because it's been done to death. Who cares?

to people discounting her talent because they feel she is nothing but shock, you need to re-think your stance.

not that any of you will considering we are just discussing one stand up comedian, and thats fine.

but, to say her comedy has no insight is wrong. even if it is just an opinion. its wrong.

the entire point of the song referenced earlier was based around "jewish people driving german cars". she was basically calling out all of the rich jews she knows/sees/deals with that play the victim of the holocaust and say they live as devote Jews, but then turn around and buy a Mercedes (or even a VW). those car companies are here today BECAUSE of Hitler and the Holocaust. they supplied the Nazi's with vehicles.

her entire point in that song is calling out hypocrites. but then she says something about her vajayjay and calls some black dudes the N-word and you guys get all flustered and are too shortsighted to see the real point of the song. those points being 1. religious hypocricy 2. a joke with a message.

you guys are confusing a hack-job comedic performer like Carlos Mencia, for a true talent like Sarah Silverman.

to people discounting her talent because they feel she is nothing but shock, you need to re-think your stance.

not that any of you will considering we are just discussing one stand up comedian, and thats fine.

but, to say her comedy has no insight is wrong. even if it is just an opinion. its wrong.

the entire point of the song referenced earlier was based around "jewish people driving german cars". she was basically calling out all of the rich jews she knows/sees/deals with that play the victim of the holocaust and say they live as devote Jews, but then turn around and buy a Mercedes (or even a VW). those car companies are here today BECAUSE of Hitler and the Holocaust. they supplied the Nazi's with vehicles.

her entire point in that song is calling out hypocrites. but then she says something about her vajayjay and calls some black dudes the N-word and you guys get all flustered and are too shortsighted to see the real point of the song. those points being 1. religious hypocricy 2. a joke with a message.

you guys are confusing a hack-job comedic performer like Carlos Mencia, for a true talent like Sarah Silverman.

Did you have to wipe yourself off after typing that post? :nana:

Insightful doesn't necessarily equate to entertaining, which, last I checked, was the point of comedy....no? So what you may find insightfully humorous, others may find insightfully unengaging. So I disagree that it's not a matter of opinion.